On-set accident- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1455

"Okay so y/n, we are gonna have you jump from the ledge, and the second you get your footing Jenna is going to stab you in the chest and you stumble back. Make sense?" Your director asked from down below you. You were filming Scream 6 and you were just now to act three.

You had been in a few small acting gigs, but this was your first large role. And of course, you were playing one of the masked killers in a very large franchise.

"Yeah, makes sense." You said, the fear building up in you. You had never really liked heights and now you were supposed to just jump off a balcony. You knew you were connected to a harness, but it was still scary nonetheless.

"Alright then let's get to it!" He smiled, clapping as he spoke. He ran off-set and everyone got into position. "Action."

"You know Tara, it felt good to kill Chad. I mean, really, really good." You hissed, waving your knife around in the air as you spoke. "I had been meaning to do that for a long time!" You screamed. It was weird playing a homicidal maniac because sometimes you didn't recognize your own voice.

"Fuck you!" She screamed back, her voice raw and desperate.

"Oh, is that all you can come up with? I'm so scared!" You taunted, leaning over the railing to look at the girl below you.

"Why don't you come down here and see?" She yelled back, and that was your cue to leap over the balcony. You took a few steps back, clutching the plastic knife in your hand as hard as you could. You then ran forward, grabbing the railing with one hand and using it to propel yourself over the side.

You landed and immediately swung your knife for Jenna's head and she ducked strategically, sending hers into your chest. As you prepared for the fake blood and to scream that you were dying, you both heard a soft clang on the floor.

"Oh, shit." Jenna laughed, looking down. You followed her eyes and that was when you saw her knife in two pieces, the handle still in her hand. "It broke," She smiled, turning toward the rest of the crew.

"Alright guys, let's get her a new one and get y/n back up on that balcony!" Someone called from behind the camera.

"Sorry babe." Jenna laughed, knowing that you didn't want to film that scene too many times.

"No actually it was kinda fun to fling myself off of that," you reassured your girlfriend, "especially because I was falling toward you." She just rolled her eyes at your awful attempt at a pick-up line, then she grabbed you by the arm and pulled you to her, kissing you quickly.

"Well then let's do it again," She smiled, and just in time the hydraulics for the harness began working, pulling you back up and onto the balcony.

"Action!"

***time skip*** 

You had been practicing that scene for almost two hours now when your director spoke up.

"We are gonna do one more and then everyone can head home for the night!" Everyone just mumbled in approval because you were all tired, and you really didn't want to have to jump off a balcony anymore. "And let's  skip the dialogue this time and just have y/n jump down."

You smiled and gave a thumbs-up as you were lifted into the air once again. As soon as your feet landed on the balcony you prepared to perform the stunt again.

"Action!"

This time you ran forward with more force than you had the other times, hoping it would give a bit more of a dramatic effect. As you flew over the railing you felt like something was not quite right. 

You did land on your feet, but you were a bit off balance. However before you could correct your stance, Jenna 'stabbed' you in the chest, the force of this sending you backward and onto the floor.

Your back briefly struck the corner of one of the display cases sending a shock of pain through you, and to add to it, the glass broke, slicing through your side.

"Oh shit!" Jenna yelled as she realized what had happened. There was nothing you could do but lay on the ground and wince in pain, real blood coming from your body. Luckily, the cut wasn't deep, but that didn't mean it didn't hurt like a bitch.

"Ouch," you groaned, crossing your arm across your body to temporarily place your hand on the wound. "you actually got me." You laughed, moving your head to look up at your girlfriend.

The small girl had tears in her eyes as she held the fake knife in one hand, the other covering her mouth in shock.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, what did I do?" She whimpered, the fear in her voice becoming obvious as she looked at you. Even though you were in pain, you didn't want Jenna to feel guilty, and you definitely didn't want her to blame herself.

"Hey, hey, I'm okay." You grunted, standing up despite the pain that rang through you. Your side ached as you stretched your body to stand fully. "Baby, I'm okay." You smiled, reaching out to her. That was a huge mistake.

As she looked down to take your hand, she saw the blood, the very real very red blood.

"Oh my god. Get a medic in here!" She yelled, turning to the rest of the crew who were already running around frantically and making phone calls. Before long a few EMTs came rushing in with a stretcher, making you hop on it despite you protesting and saying you were fine.

"Hey, wait!" You yelled as they began to wheel you out of the set. Everyone looked in your direction, including every distraught Jenna who was being comforted by Jasmin and Melissa. You made eye contact with the director and made sure he came over to you.

"I promise you will get injury compensation." He said quickly, worried that was what you wanted to talk about.

"Make sure it's in the movie." you interrupted, his expression changing at once.

"What?"

"I got hurt, keep it in the movie for dramatic effect, I mean, if you can." You smiled, giving him a thumbs-up with your blood-covered hand. He just rolled his eyes and smiled at you, patting your shoulder lightly.

"You got it, boss."

***time skip***

"I'm so sorry," Jenna said, holding your hand tightly in hers as she sat next to your hospital bed. You had needed to get twelve stitches in your side and you had some bruising on your back, but overall you really were fine.

"Love, it's okay, I promise." You reassured her, trying to get her to stop crying. "In fact, it's kinda badass." You motioned to where you had gotten stitches, you would definitely have a scar in the future. "Plus I can get back to filming in two weeks, which gives us a little vacation time."

She tried her best to smile as she sniffled back the tears. You extended your arm out and slid over to the side, motioning for her to lay next to you.

"No, I don't want to hurt you." She said quickly, backing away.

"Jenna, I swear to god." You groaned, laying your head back and patting the hospital bed next to you. "If you don't get over here right now I will get up and chase you, and I cant very well do that right now." You threatened. 

She just sighed in defeat before clambering in next to you reluctantly, still staying far away from you for fear of hurting you. You just closed the gap between the two of you and placed your arm over her waist, trying to prove to her that she didn't hurt you that bad.

"I still feel awful." She grumbled, her nose scrunching as she tried her hardest to not cry again. You just turned your head and cupped her face in your hand, king sure she was looking at you.

"I'm okay, I promise." You said quietly, placing a soft kiss on the tip of her nose. "Plus, I asked them to keep it in the movie."

"Really?" She asked, her brown eyes still brimming with tears as she allowed her head to fall onto your chest.

"Uhm hell yeah," you smiled, beginning to run your hand through her hair, "if I'm gonna have a cool scar I want video evidence."

She allowed herself to let out a small laugh before she intertwined her hand with hers, her guilt finally washing away.