Dance with me- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 2033

You stood against the wall, a full cup in your hand as you surveyed the scene in front of you. This was the last party of your highschool career, and you were told you couldnt miss it, but you really wish you had. All of your classmates were dancing around you, the music blasting in your ears as you wished you were anywhere but here. And as you scanned the room, your eyes landed on a certain someone, anger rising in your chest.

It was your ex-girlfriend Amelia. You had only been broken up for a month, and there she was, making out with some random boy on the football team. Now obviously, the two of you had broken up for a reason, and it was because she slept with everyone and everything while you were together. So it wasnt a suprise that she had moved on so fast, but that didnt mean it didnt suck.

"Hey, y/n!" Someone said from beside you, pulling you out of your trance. It was your childhood friend Derek, a smile on his face as he came up to you. "I'm glad you made it!" He beamed, wrapping you in a tight hug. You quickly welcomed his embrace, glad to be near someone you knew.

"That makes one of us!" You joked pointing to the girl you had been staring at for quite some time. He turned his head to follow where you were pointing, and immediately his face molded into a frown.

"Uhg, what a bitch." He scoffed, his tone making you laugh. "Forget about her, let's have some fun!" He took your hand in his and began to drag you to a different part of the house.

"Fine," you groaned, following him reluctantly, "but only because you're my bestfriend and I love you." He gave you a mischievous smile as the two of you continued walking, the music growing quieter as you got farther away. You only realized where he had taken you once the fresh air hit your face.

"I knew you needed a break," he smiled, sitting down on the porch swing with you. This was the exact reason that Derek was your bestfriend, he knew you so well and he always did what was best for you. You could still hear the music faintly as you sat down next to him, looking up at the stars in the night sky. This went on for a few minutes until you heard commotion from inside.

"No! Get off of him!" You heard a girl scream from inside. Both you and Derek hopped up quickly, running back inside to see what was going on.

Two of Amelia's new boy toys were fighting in the kitchen, throwing eachother around. The taller boy, Jayden, was on the ground, and Ivan was on top of him, throwing punches. You and Derek immediately sprang into action. You went up behind Ivan and wrapped your arms under his, lifting him as far as you could. Unfortunately he began flinging around, and his elbow struck your nose, pain immediately flooding through your face. However this didnt stop you, you just tightened your grip on his body and dragged him backward, somehow pulling him off of Jayden. Derek grabbed the bloodied boy laying on the floor and hoisted him up, walking him outside.

"You gonna calm down?" You hissed, holding Ivan close as your nose began to bleed. "Cuz I'm not letting go till you chill out."

"Alright, alright, I'm chill." He spat, shoving you off of him. Amelia and the two boys, all went onto the front porch so they could talk, and Derek followed them out there so he could break up any more conflict. So you were left in the kitchen, your nose gushing blood as the people around you began to go back to the party.

You grabbed a paper towel from off of the counter and wet it in the sink, holding it up to your nose. It hurt a lot at first, but then the water felt cold on your burning skin and the pain subsided. But after a minute or so the paper towel had turned red and the relief went away.

"That looks bad," a voice said from the doorway, your head spinning to see who it was.

Jenna Ortega

She was the most beautiful girl in your school, and you have had a crush on her since fourth grade. But the thing about Jenna is, she was really serious about her career, and she had never dated anyone from school, so you had never taken your chance.