Leftover Love- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1630

As the music played loudly and the people around you spun, you continued to chug the alcohol in your cup, going back for more every few minutes. Your head was already pounding, but you weren't going to stop, because all you wanted to do was drown out the feelings.

She had left you, Tara had left you. You had met her at the beginning of the school year in your physics class, and you immediately fell head over heels in love, and so did she. The two of you had only been dating for three months before she suddenly broke it off a few days ago, and you weren't sure what to do.

You decided that tonight you were going to find some random girl to hook up with in the hopes of taking some of your pain away. The only problem was, everywhere you looked, you only thought of Tara.

As you began to walk through the sea of teenagers, you looked for a girl, any girl really. You saw a few pretty blonde girls dancing together but decided none of them were gay, or if they were they didn't show it, so you moved on from that idea.

Soon after that, you saw a girl with space buns and lots of jewelry, and even though her back was to you, you knew she had to be pretty. So you started walking over, stumbling as the alcohol took over your body.

"Hey there," you smirked, as you came up behind her, trying to sound as least creepy as possible. But as she spun around you were not prepared for who you saw.

"y/n?" Anika asked as she looked you up and down, noticing how drunk you were almost instantly. She set her beer down on the closest table and grabbed you by the chin, looking at the alcohol that had spilled on your shirt.

"Oh, hey, I didn't know it was you." You slurred as you shut your eyes, mentally slapping yourself for being so stupid. She just furrowed her eyebrows and frowned as she looked at you, someone else suddenly grabbing you from behind.

"Oh my god-" Mindy gaped as she looked at you. She thought you were some drunk girl trying to flirt with her girl. Well... technically... you were. But as soon as she realized it was you, her mood turned from angry to worried.

"Hi Min," You smiled as you waved at her drunkenly. She looked between you and Anika, noticing the look on her girlfriend's face almost instantly. She politely smiled at you before completely ignoring what you said and speaking to Anika.

"What the fuck happened to her?" She hissed quietly, Anika just shrugged and shook her head before the two of them looked back at you. "Okay y/n," Mindy smiled, grabbing one of your arms, her girlfriend following her lead and grabbing the other, "let's get you out of here."

***time skip***

As the two of them dragged you up some flights of stairs that looked oddly familiar, you began humming a song that had been stuck in your head but quickly stopped as Anika put her hand over your mouth. Mindy harshly knocked on the wooden door in front of her, the apartment numbers blurring as you tried to focus on them.

"Why the hell- Mindy?" A voice said, your body relaxing as you heard it but then tensing as soon as you realized who it was. Tara. "Is that? Y/n!? What happened to her?" 

"She is drunk out of her mind, can we come in?" The girl answered.

"Yeah, of course. You looked up and saw the brunette in front of you, digging your heels into the ground, stopping the girls from dragging you inside.

"No, no, she doesn't wanna see me." You muttered as you tried to pull away from Mindy, turning your head away from Tara. "She hates me just don't make her deal with me." You hissed. As soon as those words left your mouth, you felt a hand grab the front of your shirt.