Oxytocin- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 5610

***inspired by the song "Oxytocin" by Billie Eilish***

"I can not believe this!" You yelled as you flopped down on your couch, your script in hand. You had been working on Scream Five and Six, your character being pretty big, and you were finally getting a love interest, but you couldn't be more pissed off.

"I'm sure it will be fine," Melissa reassured as she sat down next to you, "You only have to pretend on screen, you're an actress, it's what you do!" She had been your best friend since scream five and practically lived with you.

"I don't want her to be my love interest." You spat. It was said that your character was to be the new partner for Tara, and there were supposed to be at least five or six different romantic scenes amidst all of the chaos.

You and Melissa had been reading over your scripts when you saw the fact that Tara pulled your character, Nyla, into a different room to have a 'talk.' Both of you were going to confess your feelings and have an intimate moment during this 'talk'.

Now, this shouldn't be a problem. You were an actress like Melissa pointed out, but the main problem was that you hated Jenna. On the first day on set for scream five, you had overheard her talking to Mikey about how shitty of a person you seem to be.

Now you know that she was only saying this because of the things shown in the media. You had an ex who after the breakup had made you look like a seriously awful person. But soon after the accusations, they were proven to be a liar, and your name was cleared.

After all of this, Mikey had come up to you and apologized for not giving you the benefit of the doubt, and the two of you had become decently close. Jenna however had never brought it up, so you had never treated her as kindly as you did others, furthering her dislike for you.

"You just have to tough it out," Melissa continued, standing up and grabbing a quick drink from your fridge before sitting at your table.

"Tough it out?" You grumbled as you moved to join her, plopping your script on the table. "This is more like enduring the worst few months of my life." You watched as she rolled her eyes and thumbed through her script quickly.

"Come on, let's practice, ill play Tara." She smiled as she found the right page, giving you a few moments to get your bearings and begin the scene.

"Okay, okay, fine." You grumbled, taking a sip from her drink before starting. "Hey, what's up?" You said, this conversation beginning moments after she pulled you into a room away from everyone else.

"We, uh we need to talk," Melissa said, really channeling the awkward aura that Jenna gives off when she plays Tara.

"Yeah of course, what is it?" You replied, trying to think of what you would do when you were actually face to face with Jenna and needing to say these words.

"I just wanted to say something before I never got the chance to tell you ever again." She stuttered.

"Tara, you know you can tell me anything." You said softly, you could tell that Melissa knew this would be a hard scene for you to film by the way she looked at you speaking these words.

"Y/n." She spoke suddenly, no longer reading off of the script and just looking toward you. "You've got this, okay?" She was more serious this time, wanting to make sure you understood the words she was saying. "I know you don't like her, but you will be fine, you're both actresses."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Thanks." You smiled as you saw the genuine look in her eyes, "I just wish it didn't have to be this difficult."

"Just think," she began as she stood up, pacing around your trailer. "By this time tomorrow, you will have already filmed this scene, and you'll be stressing about the next one. So why not just go day by day."