Accepting: part 2- Harley Diaz

Word count: 2162

*** Disclaimer: I used the F slur in this story, if it makes you uncomfortable or you just don't want to read it, maybe this isn't the story for you!***

"Hey babe! Do you have everything?" You called out as you rooted around in the fridge. You and Harley were going on a painting picnic date and you were going to bring some snacks.

"Yep! Let's go!" She responded from the living room, her voice sounding sweet but impatient at the same time. As you took one more look in the fridge, you grabbed sodas for the both of you and shut the door, entering the other room to join your girlfriend.

You grabbed the bag with the paint supplies from her and opened the front door, planting a quick kiss on her cheek as you did so.

"Have fun you two!" Her sister yelled from up the stairs, a hint of mischief in her voice.

"Oh, we will!" You yelled back with a suggestive tone. Harley just gave you a stern look as you heard Daphne giggling and Ethan pretending to puke.

"We will be back in a few hours, be good!" Harley yelled into the house as she stepped outside and pulled you along with her. She didn't give her siblings a chance to respond before she shut the door and ran down the few concrete steps leading away from her door.

The two of you then ran toward your car, headed toward the park, excitement bubbling in you. But you were unaware of what the day would bring.

***time skip***

"Okay, you ready?" Harley giggled as she hid her painting from you, an innocent smile on her face.

"Yes, yes, I'm ready." She was holding the canvas facing away from you, but you could see the colors she had used and you just knew her painting was going to be a thousand times better than yours.

She flipped the small board over and watched as your mouth dropped open in shock.

She had painted the most beautiful bright green meadow with purple flowers all over and your car parked in the distance. Your heart absolutely swelled as you looked at this, looking at the detail of your car, even down to the scratch on the door you had gotten when you first met Harley.

"Oh my god." You breathed, your jaw practically on the floor in shock as you stared at the masterpiece the brunette had created. "I hate you so much." You joked, hiding your own painting behind your back.

"Oh come on, it can't be that bad, let me see it." She smiled, reaching her hands out like a toddler begging for a toy. You just shook your head defiantly as your grip on the small canvas tightened.

"No way, it doesn't even compare to your artistically talented creation." You admitted, glancing back down at her beautiful work. It was definitely going up on your guys' wall as soon as you got home.

"Aww, that's a cute dog." She said, looking toward the path that a bunch of people were walking on. As soon as you snapped your head to the side to see what she was talking about, you felt a little tug and the canvas left your hands. Her distraction was successful.

"No, no!" You yelled, but you were too late, she was already gazing down at your strange creation. You had attempted to paint a mountain range, but to be honest it looked more like a few triangles on a blob of green.

"This is... great!" She lied, her face cringing as she looked at it.

"There is no use in lying!" You groaned, laying down on your back and avoiding looking at her or your awful piece.

"Yeah, I can't even I'm sorry." She laughed, you heard her set the canvas down and then she placed her hand on your thigh, shaking you gently. You just covered your face as you tried to hide your embarrassment. "Come here," she muttered, touching your leg a bit.