My girl- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1347

You woke up to the sun shining on your face, siting up and rubbing your eyes softly, immediately checking your phone.

Tara: Happy birthday baby, you mean the absolute world to me and I hope 18 treats you well. Text me when you're awake and we can plan out the day. I love you.

You blushed as you read the simple message, your love for Tara only growing stronger. You saw a few other happy birthday texts, all of them from Chad, Mindy, and Amber. You quickly sent all of them short replies, then replied to your girlfriend.

You: I'm awake and I would love to do something with you today, what were you thinking?

Within seconds you had a reply, the smile on your face growing.

Tara: Whatever you want, it's your birthday. I'm on my way to pick you up, so why don't you think about it in the meantime.

You: Okay, I will, see you soon. I love you.

Tara: I love you too pretty girl.

And with that you set your phone back down on your nightstand, hopping up and grabbing your clothes for the day. You quickly slipped on your jeans and sweater, and as soon as you were done, you heard a knock on your door. Tara didn't live far away, so you knew it was her.

As soon as you swung the heavy wooden door open, you felt a pair of arms around your waist, your feet lifting up from the floor. "Put me down." You giggled as you wrapped your arms around her shoulders, burying your head in her neck.

"Never," She replied as she walked farther into your home, kicking the door shut with her foot and hugging you even tighter. The sweet smell of her perfume filled your senses and you couldn't help the blush that grew on your cheeks. No matter how long you and Tara had been together, she never failed to amaze you. "So, what are we doing today?"

You hadn't honestly thought much about it, but all you knew was that you wanted to spend the entire day with her. "Uhm... a movie maybe?" You said as she finally put you down, allowing you to get a look at her beautiful face.

Her long brown hair was up in a ponytail with two pieces coming out in the front, framing her face perfectly. She didn't have any makeup on, since she didn't need any. She had many silver earrings all over, and a necklace with your initial hanging down. Her freckles danced along her skin in the sun coming in from the window, your heart racing.

"Of course, what movie do you wanna see?" She replied as she continued to walk you backward, her hands never leaving your hips. Her deep brown eyes bounced all over your face, taking in every feature.

"The new Five Nights at Freddy's one looks good." You smiled as your fingers twirled through the hair on the back of her neck, your eyes darting towards her lips.

"As you wish," She beamed, her voice no higher than a whisper as she leaned forward and connected your lips with hers. But, as soon as she was there, she was gone. She disconnected her hands from your body and pulled her phone out of her pocket, typing quickly.

You just stared at her and admired as she continued clicking buttons on her phone, her face looking very focused while she tried to do whatever she was doing quickly.

"Alright, tickets have been purchased, our show is in two hours." She smiled as she slid her phone back in her pocket, closing the gap between the two of you again, not leaving you alone for super long.

"And what are we gonna do for the next two hours?" You asked, trying to hide the smirk on your face as you looked at her. But you knew that you weren't very successful because her facial expressions matched yours and her eyes darkened.

"Oh, I think you know."

***time skip***

As the two of you walked out of the movie theater hand-in-hand, you couldn't help the joy radiating through your body. Your birthday had never been a particularly happy day for you, but for the last two years, you couldn't have asked for anything better.

"Do you want to get a late lunch?" Tara asked as she unlocked her car, opening the door for you before getting in on the driver side. She always held doors open for you, and even though it was just a little quirk of hers, you admired it more than you ever thought you would.

"Yeah, that sounds nice, where do you wanna go?" You asked as she started the car and began reversing out of the parking lot. You could practically hear her roll her eyes at you, her hand tightening on the steering wheel.

"It's not my birthday baby, you're the one who gets to pick." She smiled as she took one hand off the wheel and placed it on your leg, her rings making your thigh slightly cold through your jeans.

"You spoil me. You know that, right?" You asked as you placed your hand on hers, clasping it gently. She just gave your leg a gentle squeeze, and kept her eyes on the road, and at this moment you thought there was nowhere in the world you would rather be, ever.

***time skip***

After a quick lunch, you and Tara decided to head back to your place, the sky getting a little gloomy as storm clouds seemed to roll in. However, as she pulled into your driveway, you could see the lights in your house on, your mind racing. Did you really forget to turn all of them off before you left? Had they even been on?

But you pushed all of these thoughts out of your mind, and just followed your girlfriend inside, not wanting to let your thoughts get in the way of what she had planned...

But you were surprised when the door swung open, you were met with the sight of all of your friends in your house, everything decorated in your favorite color, all of them wearing the most ridiculous party hats.

"Surprise!" Amber smiled as you stepped in the door, her arms wrapping you in a hug instantly. Chad, Mindy, and Tara followed quickly, the five of you in some kind of big group hug.

"How has your birthday been so far?" Chad asked as he gave you a squeeze on the shoulder, the girls quickly catching up while the two of you talked.

"Pretty good, I'm glad you're all here." You smiled as you looked toward your girlfriend and your other friends. It was only the past couple of years where you finally met all of them, before then you had never really had a friend group. But now that you had one, you could never imagine life without them.

"Who's ready to watch some movies and eat some pizza?" Mindy piped up as she grabbed your hand and began dragging you toward the couch. Everyone followed close in pursuit, some chip bags and soda bottles in hand.

All of you then quickly sat down on the couch, you and Tara snuggled in the corner, Mindy next to her, and Amber between Chad and Mindy to stop any bickering that could happen. Then, as your friends argued as to what movie to watch, you just snuggled into your girlfriend farther, not wanting anything about this day to change.

***time skip***

"All right, we will see you soon!" Amber yelled as she left your house, the door shutting softly behind her, leaving you and Tara the only people.

"So, how was your birthday?" Tara asked as she walked up behind you, putting her arms around your waist and resting her head on your shoulder.

"It was absolutely perfect, thank you." You sighed as you leaned back into her, a soft kiss being placed on your neck and jaw.

"Anything for you my girl, anything for you."