Always- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 2070

***scream 6 spoilers ahead***

"I will always be there for you, I promise."

That was something you had said to Tara every time you got the chance because you knew no matter the circumstances, you would help her. But apparently, that was your downfall.

"Y/n, please!" She yelled, walking away from you as she grabbed her things, Chad, Ethan, Mindy, and Anika were just in the other room, listening to everything. The five of them were getting ready to go to the OKB party and all you had done was asked Tara to text you when she got there.

"Tara I don't get why you're mad at me!" You shouted back, trying not to raise your voice at her despite your rising anger. You had tried to avoid fighting with her because you knew you would both say things you didn't mean.

"Oh, maybe because you're so fucking clingy!" She hissed, turning to look at you. Both of you had tears in your eyes as you stood only a few feet from each other. You knew she was projecting her anger with Sam onto you, but that didn't make it any better.

After what had happened in Woodsboro, it was true, you were always with Tara or wanted to make sure she was safe. But it was just your way of showing you cared and trying to protect her. You had seen her get almost brutally murdered, more than once, and now you were just supposed to pretend everything was fine?

"Baby, come on, you know why I am!" You felt your hands shaking as you tried to forget what had happened to you at Amber's house, and the scars you still had, physically and mentally. It did bother you that Tara tried to avoid dealing with her issues because it meant you couldn't deal with yours.

"You use that excuse every time!" She yelled, her words gaining more power the more she yelled.

"It's not an excuse, it's the truth! I worry about you, Tara! Every time you step out of your house I'm afraid." You cried, the tears now flowing freely from your eyes as you imagined all of the possible things that could happen to Tara. "You're my girlfriend, it's my job to worry because I love you."

"Fine!" She yelled, throwing her hands up in the air, "Then you don't have to worry anymore, cuz we're done." As soon as she spoke those words, you heard all of your friends try to protest.

"Wait, Tara, do you really think-" Mindy began, but Tara had already walked out of the front door. Leaving you standing in the hallway of her apartment, your face gleaming with tears as your body felt numb.

The girl you were madly in love with had just ended things because of a stupid argument, one that was started all because of her pent-up anger. And you couldn't even muster up any words to try to stop her, you just stood there as your heart shattered.

"We will talk to her," Anika smiled, placing a reassuring hand on your shoulder as the four of them followed Tara out the door, all of them yelling for her to wait. But you just stayed still, staring at the spot where your girlfriend had just been standing, knowing now that she wasn't coming back to you.

After the door had shut, you felt another presence behind you, Sam speaking.

"Y/n," She began, but then you snapped.

"Dont. I'm leaving, tell Tara I'm sorry." And before she could speak again, you started out the door, headed to your apartment without another thought.

***time skip***

It had been a little over a day since you and Tara broke up, and you had done nothing but lay in bed and think, not even bothering to turn the TV on. You were just finally getting out of the shower and putting on clean clothes when your phone rang, Tara was calling.