Its okay- Tara Carpenter

Word count: 1720

You were sitting on your couch, watching TV as you slightly dozed off, but then your phone buzzed.

Mindy: Hey, have you heard from Tara recently?

You: No, why?

It had been about a month or so since everything had happened. Mindy and Chad were finally home after healing from their wounds, and your ex, Tara, had been ignoring everyone.

Mindy: Sam left earlier this week, so she is home alone, I'm just worried about her.

You: Do you want me to go check on her?

Mindy: Would you be willing to do that?

You: I love her, even if she is pissed at me, I still wanna check on her.

Mindy: Yeah maybe you should go see her, let me know what happens.

You: will do, thanks for letting me know.

You slipped your phone back in your pocket and stood up from your couch, turning the TV off. You hadn't spoken to Tara since you broke up, and even though you were both at the party when Amber and Richie attacked, you still never spoke.

You quietly left your house and got in your car, starting the drive to Tara's house. The two of you had a pretty nasty breakup the week before she had been attacked.

***flashback***

You walked up to Tara's front door, a huge smile on your face. Your band had finally booked a gig and you were beyond excited about it. You wanted to not only tell her about it, but you also wanted to invite her to show up, because you had written a song about her. You knocked lightly before taking a deep breath.

"Oh," her mother said, opening the door just enough so that she could see you.

"Hi! Is Tara home?" You asked, your excitement bubbling over as you smiled widely.

"Yes, but uhm.." she hesitated, a guilty sound in her voice, "she doesn't want to see you." You were taken aback by this, the confused expression on your face encouraging her to explain. "I talked to her and I decided it was best that you dont see eachother." She said, a rude smile on her face.

"I'm sorry, what?" You mumbled, your voice temporarily failing you due to the pure shock you were experiencing.

"I dont think it is best for Tara to confuse herself by dating a girl." She added, keeping her voice low as if the mere mention of you and Tara together was something that shouldn't even be talked about aloud.

"And what does she think?" You snapped, your blood boiling at what the woman was saying.

"I dont care what she thinks, I know what is best for my child. Goodbye now y/n." And with that, she shut the front door. Your heart was pounding in your ears as you walked toward your car, the tears falling from your face without you noticing. But you needed to talk to Tara, so as soon as you got in your car, you texted her.

You: Tara, why wont your mom let me see you?

Tar<3: I'm sorry y/n

You: sorry for what? What is going on?

You sat there, staring at your screen for what felt like hours, but you got no answer. As you drove back to your house, you broke down, wondering what had happened.

***end flashback***

Now here you were again, outside her house, your heart racing. However, her moms car wasnt in the driveway, so you knew it was just Tara at home. And for some reason, this scared you more. You knocked lightly, hesitating as you did so. You waited at the door for several minutes, but no one came. You could faintly hear the sound of the TV inside, so you knew Tara was just ignoring the door.