Tragedy: Part 2- Jenna Ortega

Word count: 1190

***6 months later***

Jenna had pulled through quickly, and the only lasting injuries were healing just as they should. The only problems arose when it came to the lasting mental effects and the genuine trauma she was working through.

It had taken her three months to even get in a car that she wasn't driving, took her another two to be able to be in a moving car, and even then she would often have panic attacks, but you were going to help her no matter what it took.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling today?" You smiled as you walked into your bedroom, seeing her sitting in a chair reading her book. Everything was the same as it used to be, with the exception of driving.

"I'm good, how are you mi amor?" She beamed as she looked up from the pages, her smile making your heart skip a beat as it had always done. You walked over and kneeled by the side of the chair, placing your head on the armrest.

"I'm good, I was thinking of going to pick up some food, what would you like?" She placed her book down and turned her body to face yours, placing a hand on the side of your face.

"How does Italian food sound?" She smiled as she rubbed her thumb over your cheek. She looked absolutely gorgeous as the sunlight from the window shone over her features, lighting her up like a goddess.

"I will go get Italian food, will you text me your order?" You blushed softly as you kissed the inside of her hand and stood up, heading toward the door so you could leave.

"Nope." She said matter of factly, As you turned around to see what she meant, she began to stand, walking over to where you were by the door. "I am going with you." 

"Really? Are you sure?" You asked as you placed your hands on her waist. This would be the first time she would have to be in a moving car, and the last time she tried to get in a car it was not successful. "Jenna you don't have to-"

"I'm sure baby, if I don't do this I'll just be stuck at home forever." She interrupted reluctantly. It seemed that one half of her desperately wanted to go with you, and the other wanted to avoid it as much as possible.

You looked into her eyes for any hint of regret or fear, but in that moment all you could see was determination, so you grabbed her hand with a smile.

"Then let's do this."

***Time skip***

She had quickly gotten ready and then the two of you headed down to the parking garage, her hands becoming shaky and her demeanor hanging. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to Jen."

"No I'm ready, I can do it." She replied quickly. You couldn't tell if these words were to ease her mind or yours, or even both, but they did help. So, you unlocked the car and got in, waiting for her. 

You heard the passenger door open slowly and in came Jenna, sitting down in the seat and buckling almost instantly.

"You sure you want to do this baby?" You cooed as you watched her. She was shaking and struggling to keep her eyes open as she felt the leather seats of the car.

"I'm sure y/n, I need to." You understood her need to get better, but you didn't want to see her torture herself just so she could go on car rides with you. So to calm her you slid your hand over the center console and placed it gently on her leg, palm up as an invitation for her to grab you.

She took this offer almost instantly. Her fingers intertwining with yours tightly. You could feel the way that her hands were shaking ever so slightly, and all it did was make you worried for her.

"I won't go until you tell me you're ready." You smiled as you gave her hand to reassuring squeeze. "Do you want me to play any music or anything? Make it feel less tense?"

She took a few seconds to think and then nodded. Deciding that it would probably help her anxiety a bit more, you turned on some of her favorite music. Not loud enough to further her state, but loud enough that you could barely hear it.

"Okay. Okay I'm ready." She breathed shakily after almost 5 minutes. Her voice was soft and sure, even though she seemed to still be very very indecisive.

"I'm just going to pull out of the parking garage. And if you decide that's too much we'll come back." You smiled softly, squeezing her hand in yours. She just gave a slight nod before screwing her eyes shut.

You put the car into drive, and very lightly press the gas pedal, not wanting to start too fast. It seemed like she hadn't even noticed at first, until you had to make a turn.

As you turned your blinker on, you felt her tense next to you, her breathing becoming a little quicker. "Are you doing okay Jen?" You asked softly.

"Mhm." She hummed, her eyes still shut and her grip on your tightening. "I want to do this baby. If not for me, for you." You're a bit confused on what she meant by that, but thankfully she explained before you had to ask. "I can't keep making you go out alone because I don't want to leave."

These words give you mixed emotions. On one half, you were really appreciative and happy that she loved you so much that she wanted to do this for you. But at the same time you almost felt bad. You didn't want her to push herself because she felt like she needed to for you.

"Jenna. I would be your personal butler and errand  runner if it meant that you were constantly comfortable." You laughed, getting a smile from her. In the time that the two of you had this conversation, you had taken the turn, and she hadn't even noticed.

She began to ramble about even though how much she would appreciate that, she wouldn't make you do that. But then she cut herself off. "You can take the turn, I'm ready."

You were almost surprised that she couldn't feel the home of the car as you drove. But it also put a little smile on your face, you were able to make her comfortable without her even realizing it.

"I already made the turn love, we are on the main road already, you did it." And as every minute past, she seemed to get more and more comfortable. And eventually the two of you made out to the Italian restaurant, had a wonderful dinner, and made it back home with no problem.

And in the next few months, she would become so comfortable in the car with you that you no longer had to leave her at home. Next task, help her feel comfortable behind the wheel.