Severed 《English》

We go back to issue 23 😔

⚡️

"Save me..."

They could only watch everything transpire. As if that's not enough, they hear Halilintar's painful scream. Two people screamed in unison inside the watch.

Blue iris screamed to the top of his lungs, reaching for his... twin. Gold iris screamed in a begging tone that no one had ever wanted to hear again. The others were left speechless at the loss of one of their companions.

"No! NO! NOOO! HALI!"

"Please, not this again!"

"I will bring him back! I WILL BRING HIM BACK!"

"No, Taufan, this is not the right choice."

"IS IGNORING HIM THE RIGHT CHOICE?!"

So much anger in those eyes pointed to the cold element. It's not that the bearer of the ice elemental wanted to ignore this, their master's predicament is already so vulnerable that if they choose the wrong move, they will die. As much as he wants to be nonchalant... he is also in pain!

They can see a maelstrom raging from the carefree element, which is not good. They don't need a rampaging element when their master is so weak after seperation of the lightning element.

"I will take him back and run amok! I have the power to do it!" Taufan challenged anyone who wanted to refute him. Even the most rational elements stay silent under Taufan's rage.

A painful scream caught them off guard.

"Gempa?!"

"Gem?! What's happen?! Gem!"

Blaze caught Gempa before he fell over. A mouthful of blood staining the floor and trailing Gempa's lips. His face was pale. Too pale for their liking.

"What happened to you?!!

"My... my connection with Hali... is gone."

Coughing can be heard this time the red stained gray gloves.

"Solar!"

"I'm fine"

"You're not fine!"

"I'm fine!"

This time, Ice catches Solar before hitting the floor. He looks so dazed, like he is trying to find the answer.

"What's going on?!"

"... fusion..."

"What?!"

The silver eyes stop saying anything, as he chooses to close his eyes. The same goes with Gempa, who fainted first.

"Thorn!!!!"

The green element held out their hands, transferring the power of nature to perhaps ease their pain, but nothing happened.

"It's not working!!"

The other elements watch in worry as the two elements are still not waking up, even after whatever Thorn has done.

"They're having fever!"

"But we're elements! We're supposed to be immune from any illness!"

"Unless this fever is caused by the severed connection that their gain from fusion," Ice connecting the dot. He might not as smart as Solar but from the last word the light elemental give to them, he could assume, "They get a backlash?"

"And maybe... they feel what Halilintar felt in his last moment..." Thorn carefuly added his opinion, fearful lf gaining the wind elemental stare.

They become silent, only soft murmur from Gempa and a coughing fit from Solar resound.

"Then.. how can we wake them?"

⚡️

Still thinking about the idea, so the chapter end here