Mission (7) [English]

It always makes Sopan wonder how his brother's hand can be so cold, even more when he is not using his power... Or perhaps inside the surgery room, the temperature is so low, or... his brother has lost so much blood that he can't feel his warm hands.

Sopan delicately interweaves their hands. He did that softly, afraid that he would aggravate the massive injury.

"It will not hurt him if you hold him. Perhaps he is seeking warmth."

Sopan recognizes that voice and quickly averts his attention from his unconscious brother.

Drapped in white with streaks of gold and silver, with hair lazily tied and flowing freely on his back,

"Mother I—"

"Hshhhh, you don't want to wake him up."

"I want to wake Àce up"

"Not now, though he will be in a lot of pain if he awakes right now." Solar takes a brief gaze at his unconscious son before turning his attention back to Sopan's word.

"Are you angry at me?'

"Why should I?"

"Because I disappoint both of you."

And Solar had to sigh. Expectation is eating his children alive, like how his childhood was mostly focused on that word alone.

Supra's high expectations are already worse, and Solar hoped that his other sons didn't follow the eldest example. He wanted them to have peace with their own minds.

"Come here" 

It was a simple statement, and Sopan saw his mother stretch his arm, and he came over to him. Sopan hugged him fiercely and snuggled into his mother's warm embrace. He couldn't help but let him see his distressed look or how his body shook as his strained, calm emotion finally released.

Solar heard a sob. He sighs as the child cries at him.

"I'm a bad brother. I can't protect my little brother."

"You're not"

"But I'm!"

"You're not"

"But—"

"Listen," Solar said, holding his son's face smeared in tears. "Mistakes make you grow. Make you realize your shortcoming. Make you realize that life is precious. Make yourself realize that you have to be strong enough to protect what you want to protect. " He patted him, "But blaming yourself for what has happened will not change the outcome. What you can do after that is move forward. Make whatever happened yesterday a lesson that you will never make the same mistake again." Solar takes his time caressing his son, who keeps sobbing.

"Your brother is strong. Everyone of you is strong. You have our gene. Something like that will not kill you."

"But that still hurts..."

"You will have to learn to accept pain before walking with that pain." Solar stared at his son. He saw the boy looking at the ground.

"Mistakes happen, Sopan, even though I can't stop it. It is part of being. What we can do is learn from that mistake."

Sopan gets the gist. It is his responsibility that his mother tries to make him learn. He already saw it on their eldest siblings' shoulders. No wonder the firstborn never takes unnecessary action in his mission; just how misserable is the firstborn in dealing with his own mistake? Sopan wonders about that while watching his mother pat his unconscious brother.