Mission (4) [English]

Sopan massaged his head as he sat down, waiting. His uncle has gone to get some snacks. Sopan thought his usual silent uncle was probably angry at him for letting something like this happen to his son. Neither does he want something like this to happen.

Sopan already planned that after the mission, he would buy Ace's favorite drink, ice-hot chocolate, and would see the delightful face of his stoic brother. He shouldn't have had high hopes for that beautiful imagination to turn into reality. His mother always says not to put too much hope in something if you don't want to be disappointed. Then.... has he disappointed both his mother and father?

Everything should be fine... Then how come he couldn't stop something like this from happening?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Is your surroundings clear?"

"Clear as it could be" 

Sopan would have reprimanded Ace for his nonchalant attitude if not for an ambush attack that came out of nowhere. Thankfully, Sopan could dodge and, in time, even knock off the attacker. He sighed, and yet his heart couldn't calm down. Movement under the wood caught his attention; more of them appeared. Not like Sopan will back down facing them is just—

Somehow, he gets a chill in his spine.

Something is not right with his brother, who keeps silent the entire time after their last conversation.

"Ace?"

"Ace, can you hear me?!"

Now Sopan feels like his heart will stop at any moment. Unbeknownst to him, the person he is working with is fighting for his life.

"Ace—"

The com fell over from his ear as the attack force sent Ace tumbling, then falling forward. His breath caught and intense pain from his back made the boy almost cry out.

Someone is cowardly attacking him from behind, and Ace will not let this person live another day.

Ice crystal spears appear from the snow. It immediately impaled the person.

Crimson liquid quickly tainted the white snow. Ace brain quickly makes an emergency plan.

'Need to freeze the wound before I bleed to death' his brain says, yet he feels so damn sluggish.

"Ace?! Ace!!!"

Ace recognizes his name being called. He really doesn't want his brother to be that agitated. His hand painstakingly reached for his com.

"Ace?!"

"I hear you loud and clear, geezzz," Ace said, holding back his grunt. Thankfully, his voice is not affected by everything that he is experiencing now.

"I've been calling for you!"

"Geee sorry, I'm a bit winded. What's up?"

"What's up?" Ace can imagine his brother frowning; his smiling brother is frowning. Not in millions of years does Ace wanted to see that.

"Are you okay?!"

"... need to eradicate something... don't worry."

"I'm worrying! You sound not good!"

The explosion coming from the com makes Ace rather understand the overall situation on his brother's side.

"You're surrounded"

"I can take care of them."

"Really?" That was the only word he could come up as the world start dangerously titling. Ace know he doesn't have much before succumbing to his wound. But he can't just leave his brother alone. 

Again, he raises his sniper rifle. Ace proceeds to shoot, but his aim is getting so sloppy to the point that he misses three shoots from five targets.

His brother might as well see his declining support. Though Ace gets to see a big plasma spark on par with the eldest brother, then everything turns blurry with the companion of his brother shouting his name.

And that's how it leads Sopan to see a river of blood. Now he could only wait for the consequences.