Mission (8) [Complete]

Ace feels cold even though his power collerate with that, but the cold feels wrong when he opens his eyes. His throat feels so tight, and every core of his body feels sore, as if he were caught in that avalanche-like scene that his father forced him and his older brother to endure. He moved his finger first, then slowly wiggled his back a bit, which gave him a sharp pain.

"You shouldn't do that."

Ace almost uses his power when he just notices that the one who is standing beside him is the same person that he left vending the enemies on his own. 

His brother looks like he doesn't get any sleep. His smile is sloppy, and there is a black socket below his eyes, which makes Ace grimace at seeing it.

"Are y— cough cough!"

"Do not talk—" Sopan said, helping him to what he recognized as water. "—your throat must be dry that's why you cough." Sopan says as he sees Ace starvingly drink the clear liquid. He even put more pillows behind Ace's head to support him, which his brother gratefully leaned into.

Sopan is extremely glad that his brother is conscious. He will probably make a shining rainbow if he can. He has never been more alive after seeing Ace frown at the bland taste of water or his face telling him, "Where is my ice-hot cocoa?" even Gentar's seemingly idiotic act in his memory being surpassed by Ace's scowl.

"Abang—...."

"I'm glad...." 

Ace could feel his hand being held so tight that it hurt, but he doesn't dare say that. He sees tears falling from his elder brother's face.

"I'm glad that you're awake." Sopan is truly glad. But his mood is still not lifted out, his happiness is being overridden with guilt, and he might destroy another training ground, for which he will be reprimanded by his mother again. Thankfully not. 

"I'm fine—"

"No, you're not. Even blind people can see that you're not okay!"

Ace wants to sneer at that statement, but he still wants to be on his brother's good side. So he let it be. He can't fight with a very furious yet calm person after all. He actually doesn't know whether Sopan is angry at him or not.

"I'm—"

"I'm sorry I couldn't protect you..."

"Huh?—"

"I'm sorry for letting something like this happen to you."

"Wait—"

"I'm not good. I'm a bad brother. You shouldn't call me your brother."

"Wait, you take it too far—"

"Too far??? You almost died! My cloth is literally drenched in your blood! And know you are temporary paralized!!"

"It's only for awhile—"

"For awhile?! Ace! I can't fathom you not moving your body even for a while!"

"Bro—"

"This is all my fault; please despise me. Punish me for—"

"STOP!"

With Ace's shout and haggard breath, Sopan stopped his rambling.

"I'm—"

"Enough," Ace said, raising his hand. "Let me catch my breath first". It is not in Ace's schedule to face Sopan's breakdown right after he wakes up!

"That's not your fault."

"It is my fault. Allow me to apologize—

"Why do you need to apologize? It was my own fault that I'm not meticulous enough to calculate my environment."

"I should be the one who makes sure of your safety! You're my support, and I need to secure your position. Yet I forgot that and put you in danger. Yet knowing that, you still protect me!"

"That's because it is my job. Just like you said, I'm your support. I will do my hardest to support the frontline."

That takes the words from Sopan. 

"I'm your older brother..... I supposed to protect you...." he said misserably, as if he had failed that task.

"The same as it is my job to protect your back."

"You—" Sopan lost his power to speak. His brother is as stubborn as him. No. It is running in their blood.

"ughhh my head hurts. I'm going nuts talking with you."

"We come from the same gene, so yeah, deal with it."

"Just, please.... don't do that again."

"I would do that again."

"ACE!"

"You would do the same for me, right?"

No words come from Sopan, but Ace knows that his brother would do the same for him.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Complete