Chapter Thirty One: What comes next...nothing good!

Ezra's POV

Arrow is in trouble. I can feel his concern, his worry, and anger. It only seems to be getting worse.

I didn't want to tell Colin, but I did in the end. We had all been joking this morning, but soon, our joke may have just jinxed it.

Arrow's dad called and told us what was going on and how he heard an explosion before the phone went dead. I have to find my little brother as soon as possible.

Keep strong, Arrow, don't worry, I will help you!

Arrow's POV

For many years now, each day has taught me there are some very nasty, sickening people out there. I've been extremely unlucky to have crossed paths with these types of people.

Today is no exception shamefully. I thought that Adam and I had almost been in the clear until that last explosion.

Maybe escape the chao,  but life always seems to have a different plan. Today clearly wasn't going to be an easy day for Adam or I. The fact that he had rang me completely strange and yet this clearly had been brewing without us even knowing.

I find myself yet again feeling alone, worried, pissed off, and slightly scared.

I've been dumbed into what is a very small cramped cellar with no lights and no windows. The air down here almost stretched, and my lungs felt tight.

The only good thing is I've not been tied up yet.

I'm not sure how long I've been down here now.

I hope Adam is okay...

"You sure no one saw you?" I hear someone ask from the top of the stairs behind the door.

"Of course not. What do you take me for?"

"You know about this guy, right? His dad's a cop he has been on the news and done a lot. He owns Embrace."

Ah... they are talking about me.

"That's why I did it quickly but effectly. I'm not a fool."

"Good. You kept them separate?"

"Of course I did."

"Fantastic. I'm truly grateful for your help."

"I'm sure you are. I'm going to go have a coffee. I destroyed Arrow's phone. There is a bag in your office which belongs to him. I didn't know what you wanted to do with it."

"Thanks, enjoy your break." I hear the door being unlocked and footsteps down the stairs until a light turns on above me to reveal my so-called kidnapper.

"Hi Arrow."

There are many things I've come to know. To expect even but noway had I seen this coming.

"Do I look familiar?" He asks me.

"What do you think?"

"I want to tell you something. For a long time, I wanted to kill you. Nothing more than to destroy you. Really, that's how I felt. But no... I want more than that. Death isn't enough. It's not enough suffering, wouldn't you agree, Arrow?"

"What have I ever done to you?"

"You know what you did, Arrow!"

"I reconginse you. I know where from... but I don't recall ever speaking to you," I tell him.

His face changes to anger very quickly. "You took him away from me."

"Took who?" I ask, confused.

"Dig."

I look at him confused. "What?"

"That day you saw me...I never had the courage to face you. So I left it... I came up with this plan. Dig died because of you. He died trying to help you!" He shouts at me.

"I didn't know Dig for a long time but I knew him long enough. And I can't ever repay him for coming to help me or that he died. It really did destroy me... but I had to keep going. That's what he wanted me to do. Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is... I'm sorry he is gone. Trust me...I miss him every fucking day. I wish nothing but him to be here too. But I can't change what happened. I'm truely sorry."

"I highly doubt you have any idea of my pain. Soon you will know pain. I'm going to kill you Arrow. I promise you that. But first I will make you suffer in ways you won't even be able to survive from."

"Doing that won't bring him back," I tell him softly.

"Maybe not...but hell it make me feel alot better," he smirks right at me.

I really don't know what to say or do? He is angry and upset and I don't think I'll be able to change his mind.

He steps forward, pushing me against the wall hard. "Of course I know it's going to be hard to break you. But that will make this all the more fun."

I push him hardly away from me glaring. "It still won't make you feel better. Trust me... it won't. I wanted nothing better to take my revenge for Dig's death... it would have changed me for the worse. This will change you. You won't be the same," I tell him.

"Do I look like a give a fuck? I have nothing to really lose. You have everything to lose..."

"I'm sure that's not true. I'll always have something to lose. That's how it is when you love someone, love your friends, family or kids. I loved Dig. It really fucked me up...even now why did Dig die but not me? I have asked myself that. I'm not a dick..." I tell him.

"You will say anything to escape this fate... but you can't," he says ramming me against the wall again. "Enioy the silence and the darkness because soon you be craving it more than what comes next," he says as he lets go of me and heads up the stairs and hear him locking the door behind him.

What comes next... nothing good!