9 ; heartliming (mlc)

li mings pov

i always knew that i was gay but i've never dared to act on my feelings. that is until i met heart, a boy who lost his hearing due a disease. i'm not sure which disease caused it though.

at first, i didn't like him that much. he told his parents that i broke his parents expensive alcohol which i didn't even touch. he did. i was just trying to give him his food that he ordered from my uncle jim's chicken rice diner.

nobody believed me so i had to pay them and instead of paying them right away, i worked for them because my uncle and i weren't really lucky when it comes to money and we couldn't afford it.

but as we started communicating with letters, i realized that heart was just like any other person. he had a warm and gentle personality that made me feel comfortable and safe.

despite our differences, we had so much in common. we both hated being alone and we loved spending many hours watching movies together. i loved being heart's subtitles.

heart even tried to talk. since he lost his hearing, he got insecure and didn't talk so it made me happy when he tried to speak. and the fact that i was the first person, he spoke to even when he hasn't in ages, made me feel loved and special.

as we spent more time together, our love grew stronger. i loved the way heart would look at me with his beautiful eyes and i promised myself that i'd do anything to make him happy. i learned sign language so that we could communicate better and we'd spend hours talking about everything.

our love story was not without challenges. my uncle didn't approve of our relationship and was often unsupportive because he still saw us as clueless little children but i refused to let that get in the way of our love. i knew that heart and i were meant to be together and i'll do anything to make it work.

when it was time for us to leave for college, i decided to go to the united states to work and study to become responsible and independent. i had to leave heart in thailand since his parents didn't like the idea of him leaving the country.

heart and i were sad to leave each other but we promised to stay in touch and make our relationship work. i send him handwritten letters once in a while and we facetimed everyday.

even though the long distance between us was a big struggle for the both of us, our love continued to grow stronger. i'd fly back to thailand to visit my boyfriend whenever i had the chance and we'd explore the city together, hand in hand.

5 years later, i had this idea of proposing to heart and make him mine forever. even though uncle jim didn't like the idea, he let me plan my proposal. we were old enough to decide what's best for us.

so i took heart to a beautiful garden and got down on one knee. i pulled out a ring and asked in sign language,

"heart... i love you more than words can describe. will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" heart was surprised and happy and said "yes," with tears in his eyes. that was the fourth time, i heard him talk to me.

we spent the rest of our lives together, watching movies and making beautiful memories that would be remembered forever.