46 ; qtoey (we are)

angst
-

third pov

toey was in love with q.

the realization hit him hard when he saw q with his close friend, peem. at that moment, he felt a tinge of sadness in his chest. at first, he thought that he might have feelings for peem, but that sounded so ridiculous in his head since he had nothing to do with him. and then he realized that his heart started beating whenever he was with q.

q and toey have always been best friends since high school. they were inseparable until toey fell in love with q, and q didn't return his feelings.

at least, that is what toey thinks.

he wished that q would.
but he knew that q didn't.

"maybe you're just jealous because they are such good friends," fai suggested. "think of it as a platonic jealousy. it's normal, toey. don't beat yourself up about it." fai was a great listener, and she swore, she would always stay by her best friend's side.

"no, fai. i have so many friends," he replied. "so why do i only feel this way about him?" toey couldn't help but think about what fai said. he never felt this jealous before. he liked peem; he was such a wonderful person. but why was toey feeling so angry every time he saw peem?

his eyes welled with tears as he tried to hold them back. his legs felt weak, but before he could fall to the ground, fai was there to catch him,

"toey!"

"why do i always ruin everything?" he sobbed in her arms. "what is wrong with me?" toey never felt this confused and lost in his entire life. the tears were now streaming down his face, uncontrollably. he felt like he ruined everything by being jealous, and he didn't know how to fix it. he felt like he was losing his best friend because of his feelings.

"nothing is wrong with you, toey. you didn't ruin anything! besides, you don't even know if he feels the same way about you! shh, it's alright, toey. you didn't ruin anything."

but toey didn't believe her.
he ruined everything.