42 ; tinngun (msp)

"i could spend forever loving you but if let you go, would you be happier?"
TW: death
-

tinns pov

in a quiet hospital room, i sat beside the bed, holding gun's hand. gun's health got worse and it was clear to both of us that his time was running out. my heart ached as i looked into gun's tired eyes, that had once sparkled with life and laughter. i couldn't bear to see the man i loved in so much pain.

"i could spend forever loving you," i whispered, tears glistening in my eyes, "but if i let you go, would you be happier?" gun, struggling for breath, managed a weak smile. both of us knew that letting go would be a release from the pain gun was having. yet, neither of us could bear the thought of never seeing each other again. gun leaving earth would cause me even more heartache that i already have.

i wiped away his tears and continued, "i want you to find peace, gun. i don't want you to suffer any longer." gun nodded.

"i love you more than words can express, tinn. but this pain... it's too much. i don't want you to see me like this," gun said, his voice barely a whisper. my tears flowed freely as i leaned in to kiss gun's forehead, my heart heavy with grief.

as the days passed, gun's condition worsened and i couldn't bear to see him in pain any longer. i whispered in gun's ear, "it's okay, my love. you can let go. i'll always love you." gun's eyes met mine, and at that moment, my heart shattered. gun's grip loosened, and he exhaled his final breath. i held gun's lifeless hand, tears streaming down my face.

letting the love of my life go was the hardest thing i've ever had to do but knowing that gun no longer suffers made the heartache a bit more bearable.