22 ; northnight (23.5)

nights pov

north and i are classmates and north has always picked on me. he would tease me, steal my pencil case and make fun of my clothes. i never understood why he treated me this way but i always tried not to let it bother me too much.

as the years went by, north's teasing became more playful and less mean. i even found myself laughing along with his stupid jokes and enjoying his company. one day, during a particularly heated game of dodgeball in gym class, north accidentally hit me in the face with the ball.

i fell to the ground, clutching my nose in pain. north immediately ran over to me, apologizing and helping me to my feet. from that moment on, i began to see north in a different light. i noticed how kind and caring he could be and how much i actually enjoyed spending time with him.

one day, while we were walking home from school, north suddenly stopped walking. i looked at him, confused on what's happening. before i could even ask, he took a deep breath and said,

"night, i know i've been teasing you for years but the truth is, i've been in love with you all this time. the teasing i've had done in the past had been a way to hide my true feelings for you and i promise to never let fear get in the way of love again. do you think you could open your heart for me and give me a chance?"

i was shocked but also secretly glad. i always had a soft spot for north, despite his teasing. though, i wasn't in love with him yet, the thought of being loved by him was a dream come true.

"i'm being honest with you, north; my heart has never beaten for you but i want to give you the chance to make me fall for you."

he smiled at me and i saw that his hand wanted to hold mine but i took his hand first. even when north was very confident at first, i noticed how nervous and shy he recently got around me.

"are you able to make my heart beat for you, hm? make me yours, north." after all these years of him teasing me, i thought it was time, i'd tease him back. he blushed.

since then, north and i spent every moment we could together. we were laughing, joking and sharing everything together. we went to school together, studied together, had sleepovers and north even surprised me with dates. who knew he could be this cute and romantic?

i am glad, i opened up my heart for north because i fell deeper in love with him each day passing by.