29 ; toddblack (not me)

todds pov

black and i have always been enemies. we grew up in the same town and attended the same school. i was the popular jock and black was the popular cheerleader.

black and i often teased and made fun of each other but i couldn't help but feel drawn to him. i found myself staring at black during class and even dreaming about him at night. i know that i was gay since i was twelve years old but never admitted it to anyone, not even my closest friends.

one day, i was alone with black in the school library. i was studying for an exam and came to borrow a book. as i walked past black's table, i accidentally knocked over black's books.

"i'm sorry," i said, bending down to help black pick up his books. black looked up at me with a surprised expression. "i didn't mean to do that," i continued, handing black his books. "it's fine," black replied, still looking at me with curiosity.

my face turned red as i realized how close i was to black. i've never been this close to him before and i could feel my heart racing.

"um, can i sit down?" i asked, pointing to an empty chair next to black. "sure," black said, still looking at me with a questioning look. as i sat down, i realized how much i wanted to tell black how i felt. i knew it was risky but i couldn't hold it in any longer.

"black, i know we haven't always gotten along but i want you to know that i have feelings for you," i said, my voice trembling. black looked shocked and confused. "i understand if you don't feel the same way but i needed to tell you how i feel," i continued.

after a long moment of awkward silence, black spoke up. "todd, i had no idea you felt that way. i've never thought of you as anything but an enemy but maybe we can try to get to know each other better."

my heart was beating so fast. is this really happening? he's giving me a chance? i couldn't believe it. he's actually giving me a chance.

over the next few weeks, black and i spend more time together. we talked about our interests and hobbies and surprisedly we had a lot in common. as we grew closer, i found himself falling even deeper in love with black. i didn't know that was possible.

finally, one evening after a long walk, i worked up the courage to tell black how i felt.

"black, this might sound weird and i'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable. i can't help but feel like we are meant to be together," i said, taking black's hand. "i'm sorry, i know it's too soon to say that, i didn't mean to pressure you-"

black cut me off, "todd, slow down. it's fine. i never thought i'd say this but i feel the same way. i never knew that the person i was supposed to be with was my enemy all along." he giggled.