23,5 ; ongsasun (23.5)

ongsas pov

look, i am aware that shouldn't have done that to her but i couldn't handle not being with her.

i was a loner my whole life, preferring books and my thoughts over socializing. despite this, i had always felt a longing for something more, something i couldn't quite put my finger on.

then, i met sun.

sun was the complete opposite of me in every way. she was outgoing, bubbly and always surrounded by friends. she was the most popular girl in school and everyone knew her name. i was instantly drawn to sun's energy but i knew that someone like sun could never be interested in someone like me.

i tried to keep my feelings hidden but it was hard to resist the pull i felt toward sun. i found myself daydreaming about sun and imagining what it would be like to be close to her. but every time i thought about confessing my feelings, i got anxious and didn't.

one day, i had this very idiotic idea. i decided to approach sun under the nickname 'earth'. i created a new social media account and started to message sun, pretending to be someone else.

at first, sun was skeptical and didn't want to talk to me but as we started to talk more often, sun opened up to me more and more. she told me, i understood her like no one else. as our conversations continued, i was falling deeper in love with sun everyday, desperate to reveal the truth but too scared of what might happen.

i couldn't bring myself to reveal the truth. what if sun rejected me? what if our relationship was only because she thought i was a guy? what if she gets disappointed or upset with me?

as the weeks went by, sun and 'earth's' conversations grew more intense and i didn't want to hurt her anymore. i felt so much guilt for playing with her like that. eventually, i found the courage to talk to her so i went to her when she was alone at her locker and revealed that i was earth the whole time.

"i loved you since the first day i've met you and i was so scared to talk to you so i just went with earth. i shouldn't have done that, i know and i'm so sorry. i wanted to talk to you for a while and explain and reveal my true identity but i was so scared, you'd get upset with me. but it's not fair to you so i wanted to come clean with you. i'm truly sorry."

sun was shocked at first but then a smile spread across her face. "i guess, all of the feelings i had been having for 'earth' were actually for you all along."

since that day, sun and i became a couple and we walked hand in hand through the halls of our school, unafraid of what anyone else might think. and as i looked at sun's eyes with love, i realized that i found what i have been searching for all along,

sun.