21 ; akkayan (the eclipse)

akks pov

ayan and i have been dating for a few months and i am still very much in love with him. at first, i didn't want to admit that i have feelings for him because he was the troublemaker student and i was the head student prefect. and i was still in the closet.

but after, we got closer, i started to like him. he was funny and cute. and i admit it; i fell first. he was mysterious and i got curious but ended up falling for him. he was always there for me even though i was rude to him and to the other students. i was a horrible kid and i can't believe he stayed by my side and saw the best in me.

that's why, i wanted to surprise ayan. i wanted to show him how thankful i am to have him in my life and how much i love him.

i picked him up in my car and blindfolded him, promising him that it was going to be a romantic surprise. i already know ayan by heart. he'd be excited and curious what i've planned for him because normally i never do things like that.

after a short drive, i parked the car and led ayan out of the car, still blindfolded. as we walked, we could hear the sound of waves and the smell of the ocean. i removed the blindfold and ayan gasped at the stunning view before him. we were standing on a secluded beach with the sun setting in the horizon.

i had set up a beautiful picnic, complete with a basket of delicious food, a bottle of wine and a cozy blanket. "wow... akk. this is so beautiful. i have no words," ayan said, overwhelmed with love.

we spent the evening watching the sunset, talking about anything that came into our mind. "i love you, ayan," i said, smiling. ayan looked into my eyes, "i love you too, akk. thank you for today."

as the night sky started to fill with stars, i took ayan's hand and led him to the water's edge. we danced in the shallow waters, holding each other close. i never dance so i was bad at it which made ayan laugh out loud.

usually, i'd get upset but today i laughed with him. ayan changed me for the better by accepting me for who i am. he made me realize that i needed to change because i was a danger to everyone including myself. ayan still loved me then. even when i hurt people, when i didn't mean to.

sometimes, i still think i don't deserve such a sweet soul like ayan. i still think, i deserve nothing but hate and loneliness. i still think of myself like i'm that cruel man that hurt people even when i'm not that person anymore. ayan stayed when i was that person. ayan stayed when i wasn't that person. he stayed the whole time.

everyone needs an ayan.
but not my ayan.
ayan is mine.