Prologue

Since I was a child, I always admired characters who moves within the shadows. They aren't the protagonist, nor the antagonist of the story. They can be considered a really important character who will barely appear on the whole series, but their presence itself are so mysterious and relevant to the overarching and jumbled arc of the characters.

I admired them so much that I pursued to be just like them. It's not just a fleeting admiration that will vanish when I get older. I truly tried to go to heights that will put me in the same pedestal as the shadowbrokers I admired.

I trained in different martial arts, used all the options to strengthen my body and mind, and even goes as far as doing live and dangerous battles against the crooks of our society. I didn't stop my training regardless where I am. Even if I'm at school, at my home, or even my bathroom, I continue my training to one day surpass everything this world can throw at me.

Still, I can't really runaway from a reality. Regardless of how skilled I am at martial arts, I will easily crumble with a shot of a bullet. If I fought against a trained military, I think I might pull it off, but if there are a squad of them, then I'm toast.

And even if I somehow defeated all of them, there is still the greatest weapon that humanity have made.

Nuclear Power!

Regardless of training, I am still a human. I'm just a being of flesh and blood. I will be vaporized in an instant if something like that hits me.

Does a Power in the Shadow dies by a mere nuclear bomb? Of course not!

What kind of a third rate hidden character they are if they just die because someone drops a bomb on top of their head?

No, I want to be the absolute strongest, the one that won't shame my image of a shadowbroker!

But I can't run away from reality and deny the fact that it is impossible to achieve with training alone. So, I tried to find some way to even the odds. After a lot of research and time, I finally came to a conclusion.

Magic!

The most mysterious and profound thing humanity fantasizes. It is something that you only heard about novels or games in this day and age.

It is so mysterious because no one knows what it can really do. Everything is just a theory, and it's really unrealistic if you think rationally.

But it's the only thing I can hold onto. I was hoping on the impossible odds that magic truly exist.

I tried to prove it's existence myself by training myself in different ways. Changing religion, going on mental training, traveling to the rumored power spots, even going as far as doing every superstitions around the world. I tried everything just to acquire this mysterious power known as magic.

I tried everything, and I think after doing this for a long time I am actually getting it.

Like, I can see the stars around me. The whole world is spinning and I think I am feeling rather hot despite the cold breeze of the night hitting my naked body.

I might have been fasting for a few weeks now, and have just spent all day naked in the middle of nowhere and hitting my head multiple times on the tree until it bleeds, but I'm sure whatever I am feeling is the prelude to the magic that I sought out.

I have been doing this for a whole day now, so I think I should wrap this up and go back home. I know I am getting closer, I just needed to think of a more efficient way to get to this heightened sense.

Hm? Light...?

I can see two orbs of light slowly getting closer to me. My heart beats faster in excitement as I push my feet to move closer to it.

Magic! It's magic!

Finally, I can acquire the magic I am looking f-!?

_______________________________________

Next thing I know, I woke up looking up at the face of an unknown beauty. Along with it is a rather cool-looking middle-aged guy besides her, and on the periphery of my vision are some people that obviously look like those maids I usually see on TV.

It seems like I transmigrated to this world after achieving magic. I think I heard the sounds of honking when those two orbs of light approaches me, but it doesn't really matter.

I knew my training is a success as I can see these wispy orbs of light surrounding everyone here. These light seems to be magic. I can also feel it within my body, and I can control it easily.

I don't know why I turned into a baby, but it doesn't really matter. I have magic now!

In fact, this is a great opportunity. A toddler have all the time in the world. Which means I can train my body to the fullest without thinking about anything. Controlling this magic and refining it is my first thing I need to do. After that, I just have to find all the uses of this magic, and acquire the power to become a true Shadow Eminence!

Hahahaha! I feel so elated!

... Ah... I just pooped...
_______________________________________

You know, I think I should have check things first before being so excited at my own imagination.

I still dream of being an Eminence in Shadow, but truly. It's pretty hard to think of anything when there is one crucial thing that I just discovered now.

Most of the shadowbroker I know are cool and amazing guys. They are these imposing and mysterious characters who knows everything, and are so strong despite only being seen at least one or two chapter on the whole series.

I barely knew a female shadowbroker, so I don't know what to do about it.

Mostly, because apparently I discovered I am a girl!

A/N

I decided to post this fanfic too on this platform. If you know, this has been posted on FF.net and Sufficientvelocity.

I'll be posting at least three or five chapters everyday until I reach the latest chapter that I uploaded on FF.net

Thank you for reading this!~