Chapter 20

"That outfit, and that sword... so your the dog that was messing around with the cult!"

Zenon still looks a bit annoyed, but he seems to have quickly taken his composure back. His stance is relaxed while looking down at her savior.

He would normally look menacing, if not for the fact that his face still have a footprint plastered on it. Now he looks funny.

"I am Shadow. We lurk in the darkness and hunt the shadows." She can hear the words coming out of the mysterious person being so cold, and full of confidence in it. Unlike Zenon who is in a stance, theirs is nothing. They are only standing.

"It seems like you got confident when you just destroyed the minor parts of our organization. This is where it ends. This base is one of the main base of the cult!"

She heard the mysterious girl snort. "No matter who you are, everything is the same."

Zenon shakes his head and shrug his shoulders. "It is not the same. You only fought the weak ones. Now that you face me, the only result will be your defeat." He smirks. "I heard about you. The small girl who leads a group to oppose us. The cult is actually interested with you. If you want this to be easy, you should just surrender and come with me!"

"Hoh..." Alexia don't know what the mysterious person is thinking, but she sounded a bit amused. "There is no need for conversation. This night will end with your demise!"

It seems that the conversation is done. The two of them prepared their stances. Then Zenon is the first one to go for a strike. His footstep is perfect, and the way he swings is almost impossible for Alexia to perceive.

A clash occured, and by just that alone she notice. The clear difference between the two.

Zenon uses his own style, which is the Royal Bushin Style, and as it is a national sword art that this kingdom uses, Alexia knows most of it's move sets. That's why she knows that he is rather skilled just by that single stroke alone. It's actually impossible for even a skilled dark knight to parry, let alone to perceive it coming.

That clash causes Zenon to lose. The way this mysterious person-Shadow has moved barely uses any moves. It's just the minimum amount of movement. A parry, and then a counter.

Alexia knows that Zenon has done it skillfully, he shouldn't have stumbled on it. Though it is what she is saying. It looks like he overextended as his body bent forward, causing his torso to be open.

Instead of cutting him in half, Shadow slams his gut with the flat of her sword. Causing the guy to let out a rather undignified noise and stagger back on a few meters.

"Your truly skilled..." The Sword Instructor coughs while nursing his stomach with his free hand, his other propping himself up with the use of his blade. "But I am not getting serious yet!"

The mysterious person just watches him, making Alexia notice that Zenon is becoming mad. His smile is very strained when Shadow didn't respond to him. It seems like she is looking down on him.

Alexia knows he is not getting serious yet. He haven't even used his full power. Now she can see it as the guy unveils his true power. Gathering a lot of magic to his body. The amount of magic power he is accumulating is absurd. This is the first time she even saw him getting this serious.