Chapter 30

Sherry Barnett has just came back from the room where she is researching the artifact given to her when she saw her father waiting at her while he is leaning on the side of the wall.

"Did you have some fun?" Lutheran asked with a wry smile directed at her.

She smiles brightly at that. "It ends up great! I get to sit besides Arisa-sama!~" She looks so happy as she conveys what happened on the tournament.

She still remembers it. The day she bumped into Arisa when she is at the library. At that time, she has been so focused on her own books and didn't have the heart to talk to anyone.

It's just on that day when Arisa herself seems to be looking for a book. She seems to have mistaken her as part of the library staff and asks her where she can find about books that relates to being average, or acquiring normal female friends.

It's the day, just a week after the school starts. That's her first encounter with Arisa.

Since then, she has become interested in her. It's just a small interest, that bloomed into more as she watches Arisa who kept coming back to the library and read (coincidentally) besides her.

That small purple haired girl might look pitiful, but despite the way she seems scared of talking to anyone, the way she reads those books felt manic. As if she is trying to absorb everything in it with all of her being.

'Is she so desperate to find a friend that she has been reading all these books?'

Then one day, that same shy and unsociable frail girl suddenly decided to join a club. It's not even a normal club, it's a fanclub. Sherry felt so inspired as she saw that.

She has been so focused on her own work that she didn't have any friends of her own. Despite being known as the most academically competent female student on this academy, barely anyone tries to talk to her as she either walks pass those who attempts to, or she is cooped up on her own room trying to raise more of her comprehension about magical artifacts.

Lutheran has been urging her to find some friends. Despite being vocal at not needing those, her heart is convinced that she really needs someone. At least an acquaintance so she doesn't worry her father.

It's just that, whenever she tries to do so, she always chickened out. She freezes up. She tenses up. It all happens when she was put on those situations where she has to befriend someone.

It's why, when the girl who she got interested in suddenly decided to join a fanclub, it makes her feel like also doing her best.

She found people that have the same mind as her. Becoming surprised that a lot of people actually have the same hobbies as her like researching artifacts, or having the same hobbies of reading books.

She found these like-minded people all thanks to Arisa. All of them has been attracted to her shy, but courageous heart. Even as she looks so nervous to be with the other crowds, her figure of trying to be so bright and sociable makes them want to be like her.

That's the start of the Arisa's Appreciation Book Club. A small gathering of book nerds and shy girls to group up and appreciate the small and courageous shy girl known as Arisa Frelldyll.

"I'm glad you have fun with your little outing." Lutheran said with a good natured laugh, before gesturing to the door. "Oh I almost forgot, the knights from the Crimson Knight Order has been looking for you. They didn't know where you go."

"Uh... sorry." She looks a bit guilty at that.

Those knights are the knights Iris Midgar appointed to guard her. She has actually tries to finish most of her thesis for that artifact earlier so she can get and watch the Bushin Festival along with her fanclub members. She forgot telling about it to the knights.

"It's fine... did you acquire a breakthrough to your research?"

She perks up at that. "Yes! I am almost done with it! I only need at least a week, and I think I can decipher most of the cryptic codes from it!"

Lutheran's eyes seems to have lit up at that, before nodding solemnly at her. "That sounds good... but remember not to push yourself too much. You also need to take some rest when you feel tired." He said.

"Okay... uhmm... Father."

Lutheran widened his eyes for a moment there, before smiling. "Yes..." He said with a wry smile.

After that, the two of them entered the room. Sherry not noticing the slight change in Lutheran's expression as he glances down at her.
_

______________________________________

"As a long time member of our fanclub, I think it is just right that I reward you this ticket!"

"As someone who has stayed with us for a long time, I think giving you this ticket is just a small appreciation for us!"

After the two said that simultaneously, they glared at each other. Then Fill Erbyu and Thea Patty butted heads. I can even feel a weird flash of their magical power.

"Get out of here! Arisa-chan is a precious member of the Alexia's Admirer's Club! Non-club members should just shut up and stop bothering us!"

"Arisa is part of the Rose Oriana Commemoration Community! Someone as graceful as her shouldn't be interacting with barbarians who only knows how to wield swords and serve tea!"

"You wanna go?"

"Bring it on!"

The two are fighting again, but they didn't say anything as they handed both of their tickets to me so whatever. The other club members behind them are also busy glaring at each other, so I think I can just go to the Mitsugoshi and enjoy the benefits within there?

Though, it will be rude if I, as Arisa, didn't thank these people for the ticket. So I have to do this properly before leaving.

"Thank you so much!~ I really appreciate this!~"

Okay, I said my piece so time to go now...

... I don't know why but I think the room has become quiet while I am leaving. I think I also heard some high pitched squealing when I left the room. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me?

In the end, I got to Mitsugoshi Co. and shows them the tickets so I can enter their VIP Suite.

Somehow, they took both of my tickets and replaced with a golden ticket that reads VVIP Member. I don't know what it means, but I don't really care.

I spent my whole day enjoying anything on the VIP Suite. It's a half day on school so I have a lot of time!~

A/N

If you have fun in my story, and you'd like to support me, then you can go to my Kofi account.

Ko-fi.com/levelgap

Thank you for reading this!~