Chapter 49

Within the ancient looking white room, Gomez walks on the pedestal in the middle of it. In the middle of the pedestal is a shining crystal orb that produces crystal-like drops on the pedestal.

The pedestal seems to act like a container for the floating orbs crystal drops. The crystal-like liquid turns bright red when it fell on the pedestal, making it look like a small red liquid tank.

"The Divine Blood, said to be a miraculous component that can give incredible power. If ingested normally, nothing will happen. But..." He takes a red lozenge hidden in his pocket. ".... by mixing the Blood of Diablos, greater results will occur!" He crushes the red lozenge on his hand, and let it's squishy liquid form fell on the floating orb.

The orb shakes greatly, causing the bright white room to suddenly shake as if an earthquake hits it. The white room slowly dims as the mysterious lights on the lined indents decorating the room loses it's shine.

The floating crystal orb shakes more, until it slowly turns into a blood red ruby that looks so pristine and pure. He grasps it in his hands and raises it like a trophy.

"This is the fruit of my research! The one that will put me on the Seat!" He perks up when he heard someone entering the heavy stone doors.

Looking behind him, he saw that petite sky-colored haired girl already managing to keep up with him. She looks as clean as ever, as if she hasn't even fought to get here.

"Hoh? You defeated Garion?" He simply with an amused expression.

"That weirdo? He is skilled, I admit, but he is just a one trick pony!" She scoffs.

"Hmph, it doesn't matter. You are too late! I have already synthesized the Heart of Evil! Nothing can stop me anymore!"

So as he exclaimed, he immediately swallows the blood red ruby in his hands. Epsilon narrowed her eyes, before swinging her blade already charged with her intensely concentrated magic.

The Spatial Slash easily bisected his body into two. Causing a gush of blood stain the holy floor of this falling sanctuary.

"... Didn't I say, you are already too late!"

Epsilon gasps when the bisected body moves on itself. As if the time being rewinded, his body recovers and his eyes looks at her with absolute confidence.

".... What is this?" She takes a stance, now looking a bit worried at this event.

This is the first time she saw something like this. It's becoming more bizarre as red-like nerves pulses with light all over his exposed skin. His greying hair becoming incredibly white and longer, while the sclera of his eyes turned black. Another eyeball formed on his forehead, looking like a demon's reptilian gaze as it glares at her.

"Let me show you, the power of the Heart of Evil!"

As he says that, he squirms for a moment before letting out a scream, as wings of flesh protruded from his back. It looks like a tree made of nerves that somehow formed into wings behind him, the large veins intersecting on those nerves having extremely malevolent reptilian eyeballs that looks around them. There are a total of two pairs of these grotesque flesh that resembles wings.

One of those grotesque flesh bent at an irregular angle, pointing multiple tips of it's nerve endings at her. Vermillion orbs glows on those tip, before shooting extremely fast beams of destruction on her way.

Without any option, she was forced to dodge all of it.

The whole mountain explodes...