Chapter 2

The following month is great for me when I acquired that lump of rotting meat. I used it to experiment on my magic manipulation.

I tried to stabilize most of the rampaging flow. It's instinctual, like knowing when something is stuck, or something is messing up with the stability of the flow. I move the flow of chaotic mess to the right, the left, or sometimes upside down, and being amused at the different effects it is showing me.

I'm very glad that I found this lump of flesh. It is tremendously helping me at becoming more stronger.

It is just a shame that I have to always do this at night. I was always needed on the day, and I can't really leave my home without my Mother becoming suspicious. Only at the time when they sleep is when I finally get to do all my training.

Even hunting bandits is just another way of training for me. Though, I think I might have gone overboard because there are no more bandits in my territory. It is why I was even on the neighboring territory. I hope more criminals appears so I can fatten up my treasury.

Anyway, it's another night of going to the ruined town and using the lump of flesh to stabilize it's rampaging magic. This time I want to try something that might work. I think this will also help me in the future.

... Well, I tried it. Though there is a problem.

The lump of rotting flesh turned into a beautiful naked blonde elf.

Uh...

For now, I just told her to live her life as she please and was trying to leave, but it seems like she wanted to follow me for saving her life. I tried to reject the offer, but she is pretty persistent.

That was why, I decided to take her along with my shadowbroker job.

Though, if I was going to take her along, I need to have a background for it. I can't just use a reason like "I destroyed the whole city because I lost to a pachinko" while sounding solemn and imposing. I would look like an idiot!

So I need a reasonable background.

"Do you know of the legend of the Three Heroes and the Demon Diablos?" I started like that as I take a seat on the nearby wooden stump.

That is the legend usually told to children. I also have an unfortunate time having to recall about it because my mother always told me about that story.

"Yes but isn't that a fairytale?"

"Yes. It is on the surface, but do you know there is a hint of truth within that children's tale?" I put off a mysterious glance. "It is unknown to the surface world, but Diablos actually exists. Obviously the Three Heroes have defeated him. The full details of the tale was actually obscured by a secret organization!"

"What do you mean?" I can see the girl becoming absorbed by my words.

"Before Diablos draws his last breath, he brought a curse on the Three Heroes. The heroes inflicted with the curse will slowly degrade into mindless beast, along with every descendant they have." I smiled meaningfully. "This curse will later be called the Demon Possession."

"What, does that mean-!?"

"Yes. History has been rewritten by someone. The heroes who should have been venerated were humiliated and thrown away by the society. Leaving them to suffer and be killed like trashes."

"Who are they!?"

Woah, what a nasty glare.

"The Cult of Diablos. They wanted to resurrect the Demon Diablos. The existence of the heroes' descendants are an eyesore to them, so they twisted the history so the whole society turns against them."

"How dare they!?" She stood up and got closer to me. "We need to do something!"

This girl is really fired up, though I can somewhat understand. This world doesn't have much in the way of fantasy when it comes to literature. I was forced to read some novels along with my enthusiastic mother, but all of it are just sappy romance novels, or war chronicles of great people that I didn't care to remember.

As someone who have lived on Japan, and also someone who wanted to be a shadowbroker, making up bullshit like that is actually easy.

I raised my finger at her. "Their reach covers the entirety of this world. Important people, the church, every countries, this organization have their claws on them." I can see her looking shocked. "It is why I must fight in the shadows. A stage where nothing will come to light. It is a stage where only I fought against them."

She looks like she is pitying me, but whatever.

"You can still forget about this and live a life as a normal girl. Spend your time on the light where you can't see, can't hear, and can't speak about the darkness that lurks on this world."

"No... I wanted to fight them!"

I smiled at that, feeling a bit moved she is actually going along with me.

"Then so be it. I will now bestow you the name of Alpha." I stood up, and looks down on her.

She kneels at me and bowed her head at me.

"Thank you... Lady..."

Ah right... I almost forgot I didn't tell her about my name. Well, I am still in my shadowbroker mode so... something cool...

"Call me Shadow. As for our organization, we will call it the Shadow Garden. We who lurks in the darkness and hunt down shadows." I was internally happy at the cool line I just spouted.

"Understood!"

Amazing, simply amazing. Everything I said is actually a lie. Though this girl is sure gullible. Not like I mind it.

"Then, we should quickly find the other heroes' descendants and shelter them in our organization!" She suddenly spouted off something unbelievable.

"Uh..." What is this girl talking about?

"We must also find a way to amass capital and strengthen ourselves so we can be prepared when the time comes!"

"U-uh... just do it in moderation."

Uwaa... this girl is rather hardcore. I would actually prefer if there is only the two of us.

Regardless of my thoughts, this is the day our fight against the imaginary evil organization(lol) begins.