Chapter 1

So how to be an Eminence in Shadow as a girl?

I've watched a lot of stories that involves one or two hidden powers, but it's rare for a girl to be the mastermind. At most, I usually see them as a really good assistant to the final boss, or a hidden love interest.

Which is bad because that still gives a "Main Character" vibe instead of a "Powerful being in the background" atmosphere!

I don't want to be a second rate shadowbroker. My ideal is someone far more grander than that!

I have learned everything I have to know to become a Power in the Shadows, but only as a guy. I haven't researched anything from the girl's side because I thought that wasn't relevant to me.

Who would have thought that this kind of development will occur!?

Right, I should try and research this thing about how to be a perfect female shadow eminence. I can't really just do my own interpretation as a male when I am a girl right now. I'll just look like a tryhard, and it won't be a topnotch product.

I only accept the best for my ideal! There is no compromise!
_

_____________________________________

So it's been ten years since I transmigrated to this world. Since then I have been practicing not just my whole body, but also my acts to be the greatest shadow eminence.

Due to that, I am actually quite strong that anyone can see it... not!

I can't be called a hidden character if I just brag how strong I am. That defeats the purpose of being a hidden power in the background!

So in front of the world, I act as the unremarkable daughter of a Baron. All my talents are average, and my academics are below average. It's to the point that my family in this world ignores me.

Actually, that last part is what I truly hope for. Sadly it can't happen because I'm the only daughter of this house. As the only daughter, I'm the one who will succeed my father when the time comes.

Which is bad because being a lord of the house is not ideal for my persona as a normal, unremarkable girl!

Why didn't I have any elder sibling? At least give me a brother, or a sister even!

Well, despite the existence of magic, nothing in this world is fair so whatever.

Anyway, being the future Lady of the house, people just can't stop looking at me. I'm really troubled because it cuts into my time of training.

Despite trying to show unremarkable feats and below average capabilities, these people try their hard to bother me for "The betterment of my future".

Also, my mother is always fussy about my wellbeing. Normally that would be a good thing because a parent naturally worries about their child. Though for me it's just annoying.

"Arisa, I told you to take care of your appearance!" Once again I can hear her chiding me on the distance as she get closer to me. Walking with an exasperated sigh.

This is my Mother, and her name is Martha Frelldyll. As for me, I am named Arisa Frelldyll.

If I have to explain how she looks like, she have long purple hair and violet eyes. As for her appearance, you can say she looks like a former heroine from a prequel series of a fantasy light novel.