Chapter 42

When midnight comes, I met up with Epsilon on one of the uninhabited areas within our territory. It's one of the mountains we have that I usually use to train my skills.

"Spatial Slash!"

Epsilon shouted as she swings her slime blade. She strikes the air, and the distant slope of the mountain is cut deeply after a moment. I am amazed that I clapped after her demonstration.

"Did I do it right, Lady Shadow?"

She quickly appears besides me, looking at me with a giddy look on her face. It's obvious that she wanted me to praise her, so I'll just do it. I am also amazed that she manages to do it.

"I'm impressed you managed to master that technique. You have surpassed my expectations." Actually, I'm not really that surprised, and I was expecting her to learn that for a long while now.

Though, we are in an act, so saying things like that is thematic for a subordinate of a Power in a Shadow. The minion will feel happy as they were praised by their master.

As expected, she looks positively bright with my words. I'm really happy that she is going along with our act.

By the way, about that technique, it's just something I just casually said to her. I still remember seeing those cool and powerful techniques from those mysterious characters on the TV, and have dreamed of replicating those same techniques into this world.

Now that I have magic, I actually wanted to try and doing those skills, like cutting things from the distance, or killing my enemies without moving an inch.

It can't contend against my desire to surpass nuclear, but it's closing the second place for things I want to do as a Power in the Shadow.

Out of the Seven Shades, Epsilon is the only one who specifically wanted to learn every techniques that I want to replicate on my past life. When I did those footworks that makes me leave my afterimages, she actually manages to replicate that and call it as Flash Step. As for that slashing in the distance, she calls it as Spatial Slash.

I like the simplicity of her naming sense. It's very cool when hearing about it. She also shouts the name of those techniques when she is using it, so that is a plus. I'm the one who taught her that.

Epsilon might as well be my favorite student out of the Seven Shades just because she likes learning a lot from me.

"What's the next technique are you going to teach me, Lady Shadow?" She looks strangely excited as she asks me that.

Now that she manages to master that Spatial Slash, I think it's time for her to train something else.

By the way, Spatial Slash is a bit hard for me. Recently I've been relying for her to learn those skills first so I can imitate it later. I only told her about a slash that can reach any distance, and I am really happy that she manages to produce that kind of technique.

As expected of the one who is more skilled at controlling magic than Alpha. I think I can trust her on this next task.

"I'm sure you are now prepared... the next technique you need to learn is this." I said as I step on the foot of the mountain, and then tap on the smooth wall on it. "Everything in this world has a breaking point. It's a powerful technique that can shatter anything so long as you hit this breaking point. Learn this technique, and I will teach you a more stronger one next time..."

"... I understand, Lady Shadow." She looks serious as she bowed to me.

Well, I watch an anime about that. It's actually a cool concept for a technique. Imagine just touching an enemy, and suddenly causing them to explode into a bloody mist!

If Epsilon can learn that, I will absolutely copy that. It will be a great addition to my arsenal of techniques when fighting someone!
_

______________________________________

Epsilon feels so amazed that her Master still has time to teach her about her techniques. She is sure that her beloved lady is just humoring her. Giving her some hints about her true strength so she can try and approach her level for a little bit more.

Out of everyone from the Shadow Garden, Epsilon is the most faithful when it comes to trying to imitate Arisa. As she idolizes her so much, she wanted to be just like her. It's why she felt so proud of her own stature as she is almost near the height of her beloved lady.

Due to her faithfulness and talent for trying to comprehend and replicate Shadow's technique, she has become the main researcher for new abilities. After learning an ability from Shadow, it is her job to show it to the Shades, and later to the other members of the Shadow Garden.

It's her main job, and one she is very proud of. She feels that she is the most closest to Shadow than everyone else. Though she won't say that loudly to Alpha's face.

"The new technique she told me... Am I getting closer to her level?" Epsilon muttered. Her heart throbbing a bit faster in excitement at that thought.
_

______________________________________

The following morning...

Misledan Thero watches the purple haired girl eating together with him. Her fair complexion, and those modest light makeup that she wore to make her skin look healthy and white makes her endearing. That light blush that she has is also making him feel like squirming in excitement.

It's one of the rare times where he will have an alone time with her. The only daughter of the Frelldyll Baron is so easy to swoon. So easy to capture her heart. A few sweet words and she is always left a stuttering wreck.

Though her mannerisms are very pure that he is becoming a bit hesitant to go along with the orders.

'Am I really going to do it... to her...?' That thought kept repeating in his mind.

"Thank you for the wonderful meal, Sir Misledan!~" That beautiful smile that she has makes him feel more nervous than ever.

He wasn't here just because he wanted to wed her. This is just one of the missions that he had to capture girls for the experiment. The Cultist Sect he is working for stated that the daughter of the Frelldyll Baron has a high compatibility.

"Sir Misledan, is anything alright?" That innocent question she has makes him snap out of his thought.

Quickly, he gave her his smile that shows his pearly white teeth. "Of course. I'm only struck by how beautiful you are." She saw her widening her eyes, before averting her gaze at him as she blushes.

That face alone makes him more guiltier, as if he is doing something wrong.

'What's wrong... you've already done this a lot of times... keep yourself together!' He chided himself within his mind.

He becomes more unsure as he tries to learn more about this sheltered girl. He fears that he might just do something that will put him in trouble with the cult if he tries to get more closer to her.