Chapter 7

After that incident, I came back to my house looking all dirty and sad. Then do my best acting like a minor character in front of my family. It's all crying and being relieved and whatnot.

Maybe because of it that the following day, they called me to their room and basically told me that they don't care even if I live normally right now.

They said something about feeling regret pressuring me, or they want me to become happy too or something. I don't know what is really happening, but I'm happy that it came to this.

So, I think being kidnapped to stop being the head of this house is a success?

Though, it still didn't stop my family from giving me a lot of escorts everytime I walked around. I can't even leave the house.

... Damn, so it seems like my training schedule (playing as a shadowbroker) will still stay the same.

Then this last week, Claire has somehow taking a liking to me. Though it seems like she can't visit me because she was still recovering from her house, but she kept giving me letters talking about her days.

It talks about her health, then asking about my hobbies and some other typical things. I actually don't want to get closer to her, though I think I will be rude not to write back, so I am always replying to her letters on the next day.

I hope she forgets about me soon. Even if she is the future lord of my money facto-I mean the neighboring territory, she still exudes main character vibes.

I would prefer acting like a power in the shadow and guiding her to my nonsense. Though I don't know what kind of background I should use. I'll think about it next time.

Currently, I'm reading another letter from here. It seems like she is going to the capital soon. Apparently she should have gone two weeks ago, but because of the kidnapping it got delayed and her family forced her to get some rest on her house.

It's obvious why she is coming to the capital. Every nobles are required to attend the Dark Knights Academy on the capital. Even my family told me that I will be attending there.

I'm still twelve, so I'll have to wait for three years. Which means I have still have time to train before going to the big stage. I'm sure at the capital there are many protagonists, and last bosses scattered around there. I only need to find some, and meddle with them while spouting as if I know anything.

Right, my mind made up, I quickly decided to continue my training!

_______________________________________

Some days later, I was called by Alpha and the others to do our usual meetings. This time all the Seven Shadows are here.

They started with their usual reports. They go with the setting that the bandit hideout that we raided recently have a lot of info about the cult. Like how it reveals the true scale of their grasps and some important bits about the structure of their organization.

They also said something about Compatibles, Children, and some other things but I was honestly not listening at all. I can't really remember it all because their explanations are always so long and a bit complicated.

I am happy at them expanding on our background, but I really hope they should take it easy and make something easier to understand.

I'm still wondering how I will tell that to them when Alpha suddenly said something that surprises me.

"That's why, this will be a goodbye for now Arisa..."

... Huh?

That was surprising, but she quickly gave me some reason about not having enough personnel, and going around the world so they can expand on their operations.

... Ah. I see. So they finally find out...

Going around the world and expanding their operations must have mean "We wanted to live our lives, so please let us go!"

I mean, I'm not actually forcing them to come along with me. Though it might be because I saved them so they are playing along with me out of gratitude. I'm sure they finally find out that the Cult of Diablos is not real and they don't want to play pretend with me anymore.

I knew this day would come. I knew it, but it still felt disappointing. A child's admiration to their heroes will lose when they get older. That just means they have grown up.

They said they will still go on a rotation basis on who will stay besides me. They're such good friends still entertaining me despite knowing that everything I said is just bogus.

Hmm...

I gave them my farewells and they left me alone.

In the middle of this sunset, I look up at the skies and swear to myself that I will continue pursuing my dreams to be an Eminence in Shadow. It doesn't matter even if I'm alone on that path!