Chapter 46

The party continues until the sun is close to setting.

Misledan Thero watches the purple haired noble who is the star of this gathering. She still looks shy, but it seems like she can talk just fine to the others now.

He has been waiting for a chance to have a talk with her alone. It's very hard as a lot of people kept trying to get her attention. Though it seems like his patience paid off when Arisa herself finally left, carrying a plate full of pastries and donuts as she goes to the outside balcony.

The others seems busy enough with their own competitions. He took this chance to follow her until they got to the balcony.

The skies that is turning dark looks beautiful as the moon already shows itself. The stars twinkled brightly as the skies are barely covered by the slight amounts of clouds in it. In this balcony, the setting sun on the distance makes Arisa's profile looks mesmerizing as she gently eats her cake with grace.

Despite standing, it can be said that this person truly embodies a lady's grace. Each of her movements are so pure. Even the way she takes a bite of her cake, or pierce the cake with her fork doesn't look out of place with her appearance. The way she smiles is also captivating. It makes him freeze for a moment, before finally deciding to step forward.

He is expecting that she will be surprised at his presence, but surprisingly she only smiled as she turns to him.

"I knew it was you." She simply says, making his heart skip a beat.

He is surprised. He can't believe that she knows he is watching her on the distance. 'Does she expect me...?' That thought alone makes his heart beat a bit faster.

"Do you need something, Sir Thero?" The way she addresses him felt distant, though he doesn't mind as he finally got the chance to talk to her.

'Maybe.... I can ask her...?'

Having thought of that, he takes a gulp of fresh air. Calming his beating heart before finally deciding to go straight with it.

"Lady Arisa.... this might be too much to ask, but do you know of any sanctuary within this territory?" He asks in wonder.

She widened her eyes for a moment, before a sort of understanding occurs within her eyes.

"So your looking for a secret hideout?"

'A hideout? What does she mean by that?' Even if he wants to ask, Arisa is already continuing on her speech.

"It's fine, I understand. Everyone wants to have something like that." She said that with a shrug, making him shocked.

'Does she know...?'

"I know of something like that. It's on the back of the mountain there, just at the place where there is a lot of overgrown bushes. I think it was the one you are looking for?"

He is surprised. 'It is that easy?' He thought in shocked.

"Are you sure....?" He wanted to know, why is she being this willing on telling him.

"It's obvious, isn't it?"

Finally, he understood. The way she looks at him makes him certain of what she is conveying.

'So you actually trust me that much....'

With this info, he can finally stop Sir Gomez at going along with causing chaos.

Just as he was thinking like that, he narrowed his eyes, before quickly turning around. His arm instinctively moving to put Arisa behind him.

A group of men in black robes appears on the balcony behind them. Surrounding them with an undescribable expression hidden beneath their hoods.

"Times out. We will proceed with our plan."

His eyes widened before looking up. Seeing that the sun has already set, and the full moon shining brightly on the skies.

"Wait.... I already know where it is!"

"You don't understand." His eyes widened at that. "This is what we would've done regardless of what happens!"

"This isn't part of our deal!" He gritted his teeth, flaring his magical power at them.

"Are you going to defy us?"

He felt his blood run cold at that statement, knowing what they are referring to.

Of course he knows what's going to happen when he goes against them. It's not that he is scared because they will deal with him. No. He is more nervous at the people he is protecting.

Since he was a child, he has always blamed his own powerlessness. The family of Thero is on the verge of falling when the Cult approaches them. At the only cost of his little sister, their family became their collaborator. Soon, his family prospered a lot with the help of the Cult.

While he is grateful for them, he is also very terrified. The path his family are walking are very thin. It's on the point that a single mistake will cost their whole family.

But can they leave? Run away and escape the grasps of the Cult?

No, it's impossible!

So long as the Cult has a hold of his family, he can't act recklessly. One wrong move and his family will be a goner.

But his heart is feeling so reluctant to go along with their current plan. The guilt of letting Arisa experienced the gruesome fate of being one of the experimental objects. It makes him want to puke.

He wanted to turn a blind eye to everything he has done till now. Helping the cult acquire experimental objects in exchange for not destroying his family. With his talents, he manages to get the power he wants. Though it isn't enough to contend against Named Children.

He has to let them do their plan, but his heart is heavily repulsed at this idea. He can't even turn a blind eye now as he can just imagine the expression the purple haired noble will make when she got in there.

'.... Why! Why is this happening!?' He gritted his teeth, chiding himself from having second thoughts. 'Am I cursed? Is there something wrong with me...?' He looks at Arisa, and only saw her looking at him in anticipation.

Finally, he opened his eyes. Understanding dawns on his face as he looks at her expression.

'It seems like I have truly fallen for her....'

He grips the hilt of his sword sheathed on his waist, and then unsheathed it. Brandishing his mithril blade at the cult members who plans on causing chaos.

"... You wouldn't dare!"

"No... not anymore!" He glared at them as he puts Arisa behind him. "I don't care what happens next! I won't let you lay a finger on her!"

Despite his rationality telling him that is absolutely stupidity, his heart only felt calm. In fact, more liberated than ever as he faces them.

'I'm truly a foolish person....!' He can only think on himself.

*Scene Break*

It is very sudden when it happens. As the people around are just socializing at each other while the teenagers does their teenagers things, multiple breaking of glasses and the light flickering out occurs at the same time.

The next event is obvious as the guests and staffs alike panics. At the same time as this happened, multiple people in black robes appears. Wielding swords or knives.

Without any warning, screams of agony and rending of bloods occurs on the halls of this estate.

At the very first day of their daughter's debut in noble society, the bloody night occurs.