Chapter 3

It's been two years since I recruited Alpha. Since then I have been training her.

Actually, I wasn't planning on it but she asked to acquire the same strength as I, and I think she meant she wanted to have some new techniques so I just taught her my own style.

Anyway, within those years, our organization acquired more members. All of them are girls that were inflicted by Demon Possession who I cured.

I was grateful for it because it's free training for my magic manipulation, though I also feel troubled because Alpha kept picking up some random strangers like they were stray kittens.

I know they were victims of these Demon Possession so maybe she felt sympathetic to them and kept taking them to me. Though, I'm not actually running a charity here so I hope she stops.

The girls who were cured of the Demon Possession all decided to follow me, so I also narrated my bullshit on them. Now they are loyal followers of my shadowbroker mode.

Me and my merry band of girls goes around the nearby territories, and taking care of bandits while calling them out as part of the cult. The girls are enthusiastic at playing along, so I just kept going at it.

Really, they even expand on the background of the cult. Like how they are more than what it seems, or how they discovered some artifacts, or reading some ineligible scribbles like they are truly researching.

These girls are really amazing. I can't ask for a more suitable minion!

"It's coming closer." I muttered randomly as I walk on the halls of my manor.

I'm not in my Shadow mode currently. I am just the unremarkable daughter of the Baron, Arisa Frelldyll. Currently I'm just doing normal things to look very normal to the people.

It's really hard thinking of anything to be more unassuming as a girl. I did my best being the faceless female mob who only smiles on the background. My mother kept ruining that by trying to fix my appearance, and even the maids are fussy enough that they kept bothering me for it.

Well, it's thanks to my new maid escort that those annoying attempts have become lesser.

"I apologize Lady Shadow, but what is coming closer...?" That gentle voice comes from behind me.

Behind me is a silver haired elf who have been tailing me for awhile now. The maid outfit she is wearing suits her.

This is Beta. The second member of the Seven Shadows. The Seven Shadows are just the first seven girls who became members of the Shadow Garden. It's cool so I don't mind.

I'm just saying that randomly, but I can't just say that as it would break the immersion. Let's see... oh, I just glanced at the window and saw our farm animals.

"At the coming night, a fool would attempt to capture a sheep. Unaware that the sheep is a wolf in disguise." My eyes wander around, until I saw some of those paintings that my father likes. "On the dark forest, three pillars will be illuminated by the grace of the night. Within is the path you seek."

I can hear the sound of the pen swiping through paper behind me. I'm sure she is writing some gibberish just to look like she has been listening to my nonsense.