Chapter 48

"I'm glad, your not hurt!" She gently hugs her daughter as she saw her freezing up while looking up at her.

She felt incredibly relieved to see her daughter unharmed. There is a bit of reddening on her shoulder, but thankfully it's not at the point that it bruises.

She is not really planning on showing off her Angelic Manifestation, though hearing the desperate scream of her daughter makes her instinctively activates it. She can't help herself from doing it.

She can see her daughter gazing at her silently, likely shocked at seeing her current form. She can't really blame her. She has known her mother as just a normal wife of a Baron after all.

She didn't want her to question it anymore. She is sure that her daughter will ask her about it after she manages to compose herself.

"I'm sorry, Arisa. But you must sleep for now..." She raises her palm, letting the light of power covers her daughter's face.

It is a light that can mess with memories. Specifically, it erases certain parts of their memories. She didn't want Arisa to remember something like this.

Though she can only widen her eyes as she saw Arisa still staring at her with that confused stare. It's like she is practically immune for it.

'What is happening...?' She thought in wonder, feeling anxious that she might have some sort of resistance to it.

Thankfully, it seems to have taken effect as Arisa finally closes her eyes. She did it rather dramatically, but Martha thinks it's just a coincidence.

After making sure that her daughter is actually unconscious, she slowly stood up and look at the men in black robes sitting on the ground, gawking at her appearance. Even one of her daughter's potential suitors is also on the side of the railings, looking at her in surprise.

"I'll have to silence you all!"

She can't afford to let anyone know of her origin. Even if she is not a True Angel, she is still heavily related to their ancestry. While almost every knowledge of them are lost, the existence of an angel will cause chaos all over the kingdom.

That will cause her, along with her husband to run away once more. She didn't want to force her daughter to live that kind of life. They have already secured a stable life for themselves.

She raises her hand and let light shine all over them. Divine Power pulses on that light. In that pulse, the reverberation that touched their soul greatly affected them, before every men standing slowly crumpled on the ground. Unconscious.

"Hm?" She looks at Misledan, surprised that he still manages to hold onto his consciousness.

"Wait.... What did you do.... to her...?"

She can see genuine concern on his expression, making her feel a bit moved at it. Though she can't help but look at him coldly.

"There is no need to worry. You only need to sleep...." She simply said, letting the light shine brighter on her hand.

The long blonde haired handsome man gazes at Arisa's unconscious form, before finally succumbing to the slumbering light.

Martha sighs after sensing that everyone has become unconscious. She relaxed her tense breathing that she has noticed just now, closing her eyes as her form changes back to normal. Her single wing vanishing into motes of light.

Then she opens them once more, hearing the hurried footsteps approaching this place.

The first one to appear are a group of girls, which she assumes are Arisa's friends. The second are the other private knights on their employ who are carrying torchers on their hand.