Chapter 16

"Where...?"

'An unfamiliar ceiling... what!?'

She immediately tried to stand up, but failed as she felt the metallic cuffs restraining her from moving.

"Magic suppressing cuffs... huh..." Now she knows she can't use her magic at all.

These items are illegal, and only the royalty is allowed to use it for important convicts. Whoever captured her must have been someone on the higher position, she surmises.

She tries to recall what happened and remembered that after accepting Thea Patty's tea party, and attending there on her own, she was just going back to the dorms when she felt some pulling her into a corner, and something foul smelling being forced on her face.

'I got kidnapped...'

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a presence approaching and narrowed her eyes at the front. Now she noticed that the place is rather dim and she might be on an underground dungeon.

Someone entered the cell. It is a man with a messy black hair and wearing a white coat. He have a smile that immediately makes her disgusted at him, and he seems to be carrying a box of tools.

"Finally... finally I got a new test object!" By his words alone, she knows he is a complete lunatic. She decided not antagonize the man for now. "Royal blood! Royal blood is good!"

"Mhm, I'm sure it is." She have to act compliant for now.

"Grrr... It's all their fault! Their fault! I am so close to achieving the results! Aaaaaaaa!"

"Yes, it's their fault."

She wonders when will the Knight Order find her. She hopes soon because she didn't want to be with this lunatic for even a short time.

"Why do they have to take my research project!? How did they even find our old lab!?"

"Right, it's their fault."

"Hehe... now I have royal blood. I can finally get closer to my goals!"

She grimaces at the sight of the needle he took on his toolbox. As she watches him cackle like a creepy lovesick maiden, she grimly watches the needle prod her arm and see the syringe being filled with her blood. She is feeling a bit lethargic at the experience after he is done with it.

"Hm...?" She saw him taking another syringe, making her narrow her eyes a lot more. "Please be careful, you can't get anymore of my blood if I die here, isn't it?" If she dies here right now, they won't acquire more of her blood.

She don't know why he seem to be very obsessed with her blood, but she thinks it is somehow important to them so she thinks they rather let her live than kill her at the first chance.

"Oh... only a bit. Only a bit and I will get my revenge!"

"Yes sure. I hope you can do it."

It seems like the lunatic didn't notice the sarcasm in her tone as he was finally done making two points on her arm. He didn't even cover it and just left her there as he cackled like a maniac.

She stares at the ceiling, her face still composed despite her heart beating a bit faster. Her fist are clenched as she thought of her own sister, that fanclub president who genuinely seems to like her, and that purple haired girl.

'Right... I should apologize to her next time...' She is still bothered by it.

She really thought that soon-to-be baroness has an ulterior motive of some sorts. She felt really guilty when she saw how genuinely hurt that girl is.

'I don't even know her name yet... I think the president told me, but I can't really recall...' She let out a chuckle. "Well, if I got the chance..."

_______________________________________

At the same time in the morning, Claire has just heard of the student lockdown. Many people were being told to stay on their dorms, and as for those who commutes from the other apartments to go back there due to worries about the mysterious kidnapping of the Second Princess.

She is just walking the hallway when she heard a commotion on the courtyard. Looking on the windows, she can see a group of girls arguing about the Knight Orders themselves. The student council members seems to be the one blocking them.

"This is unfair! The President didn't do anything wrong!"

"That's right! You can't possibly do this to her!"

"Release her now!"

She narrowed her eyes when she recognized some of those people.

"Wait... aren't they members of that fanclub." A certain purple haired girl suddenly emerges on her mind, making her instantly worried.

She decided to go to the commotion itself, going past the other guards who gawks at her sudden appearance and ignoring their calls as she goes to one of the female students.

"Hey... your one of the members of those Alexia Fanclub right?" The girl turns to her with a rather irritated look, as if saying she didn't have the time for this. Claire just ignores it as she continues. "Is Arisa Frelldyll here?"

The girl blinks her eyes for a bit before quickly answering. "Uhmm... actually, she is the one who told us about it. She says she is powerless to stop it so she decided to go back to the apartment she is renting for now."

"Oh thank goodness..." Claire have a sigh of relief as she heard that. She thought Arisa is joining this protest. "Thank you for telling me. I won't bother you now..." She bowed her head and turn away.

It implies that Arisa saw what happened. Claire hopes that she doesn't blame herself at that. Those are the Knight Order after all. No one can contest against the law bringers themselves.

'Well, I think I should visit her when the lockdown is done...' She thought to herself, still worried about the baron's daughter.