Chapter 26

I'm really glad I am friends with Gamma. I'm grateful for all of these gifts!~

I got a lot of chocolates and cakes all in a carefully bundled boxes which Claire has been carrying for awhile. I don't know why but she told me that she will carry it for me. She even insisted on doing so.

I'm really happy that Gamma also gave me something. Though she is really shrewd. I'm sure she will be asking for this money back in the future. You don't really give your money that willingly to your friend. Well, personal experience really...

I can't pay that back if I took all of that money back. I really dodged a bullet there!

I used all my training on sleight of hand and secretly enhanced my limbs so I can take some of the gold coins, while disguising it as taking only a few. It's really effective, and I'm sure Gamma didn't notice it.

I don't know how to say it politely, but Gamma is not that good physically. She didn't have any sense for her body at all. Regardless of how much I trained her, there is nothing I can do to her clumsiness.

Talking about Gamma, she is saying about people trying to imitate us. I actually don't know who they are, but I can't say that I don't know about it as a shadowbroker. That's why I said I know about it already.

I have to act as a know-it-all. Not doing so is bad as a power in the shadow.

Anyway, it sure got late huh...

As we were just passing one of the alleyways, I heard it. The sound of metal clashing with metal, and the familiar scent of blood.

Something interesting is happening!?

I really want to go there and see it for myself, though before I can do that, Claire is the first to take a step forward.

"Arisa, go back first. I'll take care of something." It seems like she didn't know that I also sensed the bloodlust within those alleyways.

I would like to tell her no, but she has already gone within the alleyway before I can even tell her.

I would really just let her and go back to my rented apartment alone but there is one problem...

She still have my sweets!

There is nothing else I can do but follow her. Though, I can't really follow her as Arisa. That will make me suspicious in her eyes. I can't destroy my mob persona right now.

If a protagonist told a mob to run, they will obey and run without asking anything!

Then, I'll just have to go there as Shadow then!~
_

______________________________________

Alexia grunted as she pressed her back on the side of the alleys. Surrounding her are three men covered in black from head to toe. Their swords are glinting maliciously on the dim moonlight shining gently on the skies.

She has been very insistent on wanting to be a part of the Crimson Order, a group that Iris personally created to hunt both the Shadow Garden and the Cult of Diabolos.

She wanted to see Shadow again. That mysterious petite girl with that cold, lonely gaze. She wanted to know why she saves her, what is she is planning to do, and whether she plans to harm someone from this kingdom. Maybe even hurt her sister or something.