Chapter 17

The time is coming closer. I have been preparing some of the props on my room while waiting for Alpha to come.

The part when she told me about the criminal dens of this city? She actually said the Shadow Garden will take care of them!

It means she is inviting me to come along with them. The girls might be lacking money so they are doing this.

I can use this to play as a shadowbroker. It's also cool because I can just say something cool like "The time is nigh..." or "The demon will resurrect soon..." to anyone who tries to stop me. Also, I need money so it's like hitting three birds with one stone.

Oh, and speak of the devil.

"Alpha."

I felt the familiar presence of her magic, along with another one which is new to me. I turned my head slightly to glance at them on my periphery.

There I can see Alpha already in a kneeling position, along with her is a small girl who is surprisingly much smaller than Epsilon. She is also wearing a slime suit so that means she is a part of our group.

I'm really glad that Alpha is very eager to start this, but the sun is just setting. It's not even the peak of the moon yet. Though she is not always this hasty, so maybe she have something important to tell me?

Still, this is so uncool. They caught me still wiping the glass I'll be using to sip on that expensive vintage wine from French. That costs almost a million zeni, just to show off how cool I am.

"All of the preparations are done milady. We are only awaiting your orders."

Actually, my preparations are still not done. Welp, it seems like they are going with that angle so whatever. I would nod at her and say something but stops as I saw her continuing on her speech.

"Currently, there are 114 of the Numbers along with four of the Shades. As for our plans..."

I tuned out most of what she is going to say, because I'm more surprised at the earlier parts of her speech.

"114?" Really, where did you get that much?

"... I apologize if it is insuf-" Ah right! I understand!

"Extras huh..." I put the glass I have been wiping on the table to the side before taking a seat on the king-size chair on the side of the wall.

This would be cool if I am doing this while there is a glass of wine in my hand, and my back turned to them as I look at the night sky beyond the window.

... Wait, maybe that's why she came here? Because that actually looks ridiculous!

I am a small girl that is only a few inches taller than Epsilon. If I think about it carefully, I look rather comical if I do that.

Ugh... should I also review my plans as a shadowbroker? Do I also need to change some things there?

"Hmph..." Right, keep calm and just continue on with the act. "It is too early to move now." I can see Alpha becoming a bit surprised at my words. "Though, we can push the agenda right now."

I can see them listening to me intently now.

I pass a picture of the president to them and just waited for them to speak first.