Chapter 28

The day of the tournament. I have attended it as an audience on the side. Sitting a bit in the middle of the crowd. I made sure to choose a position where I am neither on the front not at the back most seats. I only need to be in the center so I can blend as a mob.

I was actually planning to increase the chance that Claire can win. Though I dumped all of those idea after thinking about it for awhile.

I can't just ask her and train her like that. That will break my character, and if she didn't go along with me, everything I've done to maintain my public persona will go to waste.

It'll be just like my past life when I was still at elementary school. Boasting about my dream and then the others spreading it around, which makes the other laugh at me. Looking like I was an idiot. I'll be forced to leave this kingdom and find another place to do my shadowbroker play if that happens!

I can't also just ask Alpha and the others to train her in my stead. I'm sure they also think it is embarrassing if they let someone who doesn't understand us learn about what we are doing. They have their own lives. I can't really tell them to just throw it away because of my selfish wishes.

So... I came here to look for myself and cheer her on.

I can't do anything after all. I want her to win because she promised that she will share the rewards from me!

Actually that's my own interpretation, but she said she will pay me back on those sweets, so whatever!

"Hm?"

Now, there is just something weird around me. I just noticed it now, but most of the people sitting around me are girls my age. I also recognized some of them. That one is an important member from the Alexia's Fanclub. That other one is a good contributor to the Rose's Fanclub.

Also, isn't this person sitting besides me the daughter of the Assistant Principal himself!?

The pink haired girl seems to have noticed my gaze. I saw her glancing at me, before quickly covering her face with the large book she has been reading for awhile now.

... If you didn't want to be gazed at and recognized, why are you here!?

Well, it doesn't matter. I just felt a bit distracted because every girls who are sitting near me kept glancing at me. Even if they try to do it secretly, I can feel their gaze on me.

Yes, even the daughter of the Assistant Principal kept stealing glances at me while she is hiding her face with her book.

I don't know what's wrong with them. Is there something wrong with my face?

I can only act like I haven't noticed them while waiting for the first match to begin.
_

______________________________________

'The time has come!'

Claire thought to herself as she looks forward on the ring. Walking onto it and then looking at her opponent.

Her current opponent is a very tough one. It's because her opponent is the current strongest dark knight student on this academy. The princess from the kingdom of arts who has accrued a lot of gathering, and is well-known for her grace and beauty when she fights.