Chapter 50

"Has anyone seen my father?" Filo looks around with a worried look on her expression. She looks around, going around on the guest rooms to ask about her father's whereabouts.

It's very strange for her. Out of every guest, only her father seems to be missing. It's already an unprecedented crisis as her father is a Duke, a high ranking noble of this kingdom. If something happens to him, it will cause a great chaos not just on their duchy, but also on this barony.

Someone will have to take the blame for the missing Duke. The Frelldyll Barony can't take that kind of heat.

Most of their knights who escorted them seems to have gone missing. She wonders where did they go?

She has only noticed that her father is missing after she is assured that Arisa is sleeping. She thought her father is amongst the guests who were escorted to a safe place, and later on one of the guest rooms.

She also just heard of that deafening explosion on the distance, making her heart be gripped with anxiousness. She is feeling curious about the events happening on this territory.

The others only answered her with a negative, making her look more worried as the time passes.

"I hope you are safe, Father..." She mutters under her breathe, unaware of the great event happening on the site of destruction.

"So you are that Shadow? I see, you truly have a boundless strength! I can see it with my Heavenly Gaze!" Gomez exclaims, grinning as the third eye on his forehead glares at the petite form of Shadow. "This is just right. Bringing you to the Cult will guarantee me a position on the Seat! I suggest you stop struggling and just let me take you!"

"How boorish." Gomez blinks his eyes at the girl who scoffs at him. "You call that figure Heavenly? You seem to have gone into a delusion!"

"Mere words won't affect me. I can already see the soul within you! With my stare, I can simply do things like this!"

The multitude of eyes protruding on those vein-like intersection on his wings made of nerves glared at her altogether, inflicting a pressure that targets her very existence.

"Behold! These are the Eyes of Judgement! With my sight, you will be reduced to nothing but a bumbling mess!" He grinned sadistically, his glowing eyes glaring at her with glee.

Though it slowly turns into confusion, then horror as he saw the golden glow of her eyes just staring at him while tilting her head. A soft hum escape her lips before posturing to him rather arrogantly.

"You call those light show Eyes of Judgement?" She shakes her head, shrugging her shoulder and showing how utterly unimpressed is she. "Disappointing. Those are incomparable to it's name. Rather, it doesn't deserve to be called by whatever you claim, heretic!"

His eyes widened at that. "Impossible.... you can resist attacks that directly hits the soul!?" He glared at her. "Then how about this!"

Multiple nerve endings of his wings pointed on her direction, charging up those vermillion rays of destruction then shooting it at her without hesitation.

She only sighs before taking a step forward. A tap, and then a swing. He only notices that one of the rays of destruction was deflected by a swing of her blade that he barely manages to processed with his naked eyes despite his enhanced capabilities. Another step forward, and another swing, deflecting another.

The deflected beams destroy the distant mountains around them. Creating holes on their peak, or even giant mawed gapes that shows the opposite side of the other mountains. Even the skies were pierced by the vermillion beans, and some creating pillars of pure destruction when it hits the ground.