Chapter 52

The next day, I heard something very interesting.

Shadow Garden is being hunted all over the world. For each member killed, the church will give a very hefty sum to the person responsible.

The money stated on those rumors are ridiculous. It's to the point I am almost tempted to turn myself in.

Though I throw that idea away after I thought of something even better!

I got another letter from Alpha, though it's not an invitation to go to the Holy City. It seems like they are planning to go to war with them.

And you know what, I actually want to join it!

She said something about taking care of it, and that I shouldn't concern myself over it. It sounds like she didn't want me to go there.

I can't help but shake my head. Doesn't Alpha know me? Did she think I'll just let them hog all the fun while I stay on my house and being bored?

I can't even find any bandits on our territory anymore! Somehow, every outpost I find are abandoned! They even took all their possessions, and doesn't leave anything at all!

I don't have time to be going to the other territories to hunt. I barely have enough time, as I am busy decorating more of those magic suppressing accessories. My parents are also strangely more protective of me.

Somehow, they seem to have become devout followers of that giant hologram that I made. Watching them makes me feel weird. It's like the feeling where you watch your parent heavily gushed at your cringy drawing. It's that type of embarrassment.

They said something like "There is still chance..." or that "The glory of the Heavens will soon come!" or some other nonsense. I made sure they think I didn't hear them as they whispered that to each other.

I don't even want to join them on their newfound devotion. I might have stolen mother's shtick on her angelic trait, but I didn't think they will totally buy it!

I decided to try and keep my distance to them...

By the way, it's very unfortunate that those who are courting me has left the house. I also haven't seen the Club Presidents. The maids only told me that they have left early in the morning before I woke up.

That is such a waste.... I would like to talk to Misledan. Maybe exchange some ideas, or console him. I'm sure he is still feeling very down after his spotlight has been taken.

I heard some sort of rumor that the Thero's are having some sort of crisis, so maybe he truly didn't have any time right now. Family is more important than your dream after all.

.... For me, it's the dream that is more important. Not like I will expect others to understand me...

Anyway, I'm currently in front of the office where my family are busily taking care of their business. Knocking on their door to get their attention. My only purpose here? Of course to go to the Holy City with their approval!

I can't really join a war if I constantly move back and forth from my house to that city. I heard it's pretty far. Even if I got there in a single day, I won't have enough time to do my act before going back to my house.

So I need some sort of reason. A vacation, I think?

"No."

"Uhmm... but I really want to see the Holy City..."

"I'm sorry, my dear daughter, but that city is in a turmoil right now. It will be bad if you got swept up from their problem."

My mother rejected my requests.

It's over.... I can't go there after all!

*Scene Break*

Epsilon can't help but be tense as she saw her beloved lady looking rather irate. They are in another part of the mountainous region of her lady's family's territory where they do their usual training. She can see her mistress destroying the trees rather effortlessly with her perfect swings of her sword.

She doesn't know if they did something wrong. Though she can't really ask about in fear that her irate mistress might focus her anger to her. So she stayed silent while waiting for her lady to calm down.

"Epsilon."

"Yes!?" She quickly stood up straight, her scarf generously hiding the lower part of her face as her body is tense.

Her mistress is done swinging her blade, letting it vanish from her slime suit before turning to her. Her expression looks extremely cold today.

"You understand why I'm mad, right?"

'I don't understand!' That's what she wanted to scream, but she can't in fear of further disappointing their lady.

So she turned her thought processing to the max as she tried to look for the reason. Any reason at all while trembling softly due to the cold gaze directed at her.

'Is it because.... of what we are going to do!?' She finally arrives at an unpleasant conclusion.

They planned to raid the church head on. Consequences be damned!

They have the backing of an entirely different being. They need to show the cult that they won't just lie down and take their suppression against them. Even if they are doing something questionable right now, they will still fight the cult and destroy them, even if the world turned against them.

They have resolved to sacrificed some to destroy the church, and the Sanctuary holding one of the sealed arms of Diablos. If they are scared of making sacrifices, then they can't proceed with scratching the numbers of the cult at all.

They might as well give up!

Though it seems like her mistress is specifically dissatisfied with the conclusion they got. They must have made a mistake somewhere.

"I-I...."

Her mistress simply scoffs as she turned her back at her.

"If I suddenly vanish, don't look for me..."

As she left those words alone, her mistress vanishes. Leaving Epsilon who has became frozen in shock at the implications of those words.

*Scene Break*

The next day, Arisa Frelldyll vanishes from the mansion, causing a whole uproar on the household.

The Frelldyll Baroness seems to have lost consciousness, while the Frelldyll Baron quickly rallies his men to once more find their missing daughter.

For the whole day, they haven't found her....