Chapter 38

She heard that there is a purple haired girl on the infirmary who is resting there. She seems to be on the verge of dying due to a lack of blood, though it seems like she will recover.

"Is Miss Frelldyll here!?" She asks with a rather loud voice, causing the nurses within to glare at her. She flinches, before quickly mouthing a silent apology to them as she moves forward.

One of the nurse pointed her to one of the beds. She quickly bowed to the nurse in gratitude before going to that bed.

Within the curtains obscuring that bed lies a girl sleeping peacefully. Only her back is facing her, which makes her beautiful purple hair more pronounced than ever.

There is another bed besides the girl, and Rose gasps in surprise to see that the one lying on the other bed is Claire Kagenou. She is looking at the sleeping expression of Arisa.

"Claire... what happened to you?" Rose whispered, not wanting to wake up the purple haired girl.

Claire glances at her way, before smiling wryly. Her whole body is bandaged so she can't move that much.

"I... actually don't remember what happened." She said, wincing as she felt her head aching again. "The only thing I remembered is going to the source of the flame, and attacking the leader of those terrorists..." She said.

"I see..." She can see that there is a lot of blood coating the bandages on her head. It might be a really bad hit if she can't remember what happened on that time.

"Still... I'm glad she is alright..." Rose takes a sit on one of the chairs besides the bed. Touching those beautiful strands of her purple hair.

"Yes... I'm also glad..." Claire said with a smile as she looks lovingly at the sleeping face of her friend.
_

______________________________________

Ugh... I came to the infirmary and act like I am almost dying. I just noticed but I am still incredibly pale due to my blood not recovering that much.

This is actually a good thing for me. I don't even need to tell any excuse how I was alive. I might slip up and use one of my pre-rehearsed lines for male mobs. That will be bad!

Though now I can't open my eyes. I have to act like I am sleeping as these two girls kept touching me.

I can somewhat understand Claire. She is a killjoy who can't read the atmosphere. In fact, I don't even want to do my shadowbroker act in front of her. She will just ruin everything if I did so!

But this one? Rose Oriana herself? Why is she interested in me!?

Leave me alone!

... This is bad, I'm actually feeling sleepy now that I've been keeping my eyes close for awhile now.

This is Claire's fault somehow...!
_

______________________________________

A few days later, within an undisclosed area within the capital city...

"Shadow, enemy of the state. Her crimes includes terrorism, conspiracy against the crown, kidnapping, arson, and many more. How terrifying..." A blonde elf beauty mutters as she let out a mocking smile. Her blue gaze simply glances at the words within the pamphlet before letting it fall on her hand.

"Should we do something about this...?" The sharp eyes, black haired mature elf lady asks in concern.

Alpha shakes her head. "One time, I always thought we are working for a just cause, but Lady Shadow thinks otherwise." She said with some melancholy in her tone. "Even if we bear all the sins of the world, we will still do what we must... huh..." She trailed off as she closes her eyes, before opening it once more.

"What should we do...?" Gamma looks serious as she asks that.

The blonde beauty glances at the pamphlet that flies to the fireplace, hearing the sounds of crackling as it burns the paper.

"Lady Shadow already made her resolve. We must answer to that expectation." She simply says before continuing. "Gather the Seven Shades."

"Right away, Lady Alpha." Gamma nodded before moving swiftly away from the room.

Alpha looks at the burning pamphlet for a moment, before she simply vanishes. Leaving the room in silence.
_

______________________________________

In the middle of the morning, the others looks at the carriage where Arisa lies. The carriage seems to have originated from her own land.

Along with the many people around, Sherry is also together with them. Her hand clutching the letter that came from the Academy City of Laugus.

On the window of the carriage, she briefly saw the locks of purple peeking within it. She raises her hand softly, before lowering it and then shaking her head.

After that, she turns her back and walks away from the shadow of the crowds. A sad expression graces her face.

'I can never touch that light once more... my hands are stained red...' She thought, before looking ahead on the other carriage that is waiting for her. 'This sin... I will carry this forever... my revenge is my own...' She thought.

'I hope you stay bright like that... Arisa-sama...'