Chapter 12

I didn't think it is possible. I'm really surprised it will come to this.

Apparently, one of the main character candidates that I have considered is actually a part of the cult.

I know what Beta means by that. They are criminals!

I made sure to target criminals only, so I'm sure they know my criteria when calling someone a part of the cult.

The person they named is Zenon Griffey.

This person is perfect for the mentor role. He has the looks, the skills, and the fame for it. His personality is also down to earth. He is literally the perfect guy for any girls out there. The one that every mobs will despise because he is just that good.

And that person is a criminal!

I tuned out most of what she said, but I picked up some. So Zenon seems to be supporting the cult by financing a research institution from some undisclosed location. They don't know most of his plans, though the only thing they learned about his goal is that he wanted royal blood.

If I have to translate that normally, I think that would mean he is supporting criminals with his money and is planning to kidnap a member of royalty.

Truly, if Beta just tell me that straight, I wouldn't have to think hard what she really meant.

Well, it's cool so I don't mind it.

As a female shadowbroker, I need to convey this information to the main protagonist herself, Alexia Midgar without raising suspicions. I only have some action plans but I'm unsure if it will work.

"Arisa, what are you thinking?"

My musings were interrupted when the President of the Alexia's Admirer's Club calls out to me.

"Oh... sorry, it's just a lot of things are on my mind." I quickly tried to apologize and bowed my head.

I'm acting like a normal girl, and I'm in front of the president herself so I can't really act rude in front of her. I have to be very polite.

"Ohoh... is that more important than gazing at the flowers here?"

Just like she said, we are currently in a garden where there are a lot of beautiful flowers on our surroundings. This is the part of the school where most girls stays as they can have some tea while looking at these beautiful sight.

Alexia's Fanclub mostly gathers here to have tea parties. Of course I am a part of it so I am currently savoring the free meals around here.

But anyway, I have to respond to her.

"Sorry..." A simple apology is enough. I didn't really hear what she is saying awhile ago.

"It's fine." She waves her hands dismissively. "So, what is on your mind? Is it about the beauty and grace of Alexia-sama?~"

As expected of the President, she really admires the second princess that the topic always falls on it.

Wait... maybe I can use this?

"Hmm... actually..." I tried to sound hesitant. "... I heard that one of Princess Alexia's suitors is becoming pushy as of late..." I tried to avert my gaze, before quickly raising both of my hands and shaking it. "N-no... p-please forget I said anything..."

Perfect! That's how you act like a shy little buffoon! This also make an excellent setup for what is to come... right now!

"Who is it?" I can feel the cold gaze boring on me as she asks that.

Now that I noticed it, it seems like it is more effective than I thought. I felt the gazes of everyone on my surroundings becoming sharp and directed at me.

"Z-z-zenon... I-I heard from a-an a-acquaintance that h-he has been b-bothering her lately!" I have to stutter a lot there because there is no way a normal girl can endure the sharp gazes of crazy fangirls!

"Zenon... as in the founder of the Royal Bushin Method, Zenon Griffey?" I can hear the surprised in the President's voice.

"That is a very formidable foe..."

"Well, he looks really decent and he is amicable to everyone..."

"Though if he is bothering Alexia-sama too much..."

""""It's death sentence then!""""

Uh... did I trigger some sort of switch in them? Now I am genuinely terrified!

I was surprised to feel a hand patting my head. I look up to see it's the president.

"Sorry to scare you. We were just troubled what to do next..." She is saying that while looking apologetic, but I can still feel the unnatural flow of magic within them.

Yep, they are angry. Just because someone is bothering their idol.

"B-but... W-what if I'm lying?" I can't help but ask that.

For a group of fangirls, they are surprisingly fast to trust the words of an outsider like me. I might be a part of them, but it's not like I've been a member for a long time.

"What are you saying, you can't possibly lie to us!" The President just giggled and dismissed my worries away.

I look at everyone and they are literally chuckling and giving me soft gazes as if saying "Don't worry" to me.

Really? Just like that?

Now I worry about these girls. They are too trusting! What if others just lie to them? Will they also believe them?

Welp... I plan to use them to tell Alexia that she is in danger, but it seems like I can't trust. Oh well, I'll just find another way to support her.

Of course while doing it secretly!

_______________________________________

A few days since a certain purple-haired girl told a certain fanclub about the supposed person troubling their idol.

Alexia acquired peace. She haven't sighted Zenon on her class despite being on the section that he teaches. She was actually thankful at that. She has been really getting stressed at his presence.

She might not be showing it, but internally she is cheering and partying wildly at the supposed black mark at Zenon's name.

It's unknown how but there are rumors circulating that Zenon has been harassing her. Though the rumors are unfounded, it somehow took root to some people and Zenon has been the target of contempt to the some.

Of course that fake smile of his is still plastered all over his face, but he wasn't approaching her now, or even acting as if he already owned her anymore.

'Heh, serves you right!' A brief twisted grin occur on her face, before it returned into that mellow sweet smile as she trains with some random guy.

Overall, it's a good day for her.