Chapter 57

"What is happening!?"

Acting Archbishop Jack Nelson exclaims in anger as he slams the door open.

Though no one can answer him due to the freezing temperature of the skies that has suddenly fallen on the city, covering it with the violet colored clouds that felt incredibly cold on their skin.

Seeing that no one seems to notice his words, he has decided to go within the fog and find someone who can tell him.

He can only hear the sound of static with him this cloud, and the sounds of multiple drops of water seemingly feeling all around the place. There are also muffled screaming on the far distance, and the amount of shouting and heavy footsteps adding to the cacophony of muffled noises around this zero visibility environment.

After going around blindly on the church, he finally found someone in this place. It's also Venom, one of the tournament champions of the past who has since become a pawn for the Cult.

"Venom! Report! Tell me what is happening!" He waited for a response, but can't help but become incredibly nervous when he saw him not responding. "Hey... I told you to tell me what is.... huh!?"

As he reaches out for the guy and touched him, the heavily armored guy standing upright on his position slowly tilted, until crashing on the room as if like a statue. His posture is still the same standing upright, like his body is in that suspended state.

"Fufu..." He widened his eyes, before slowly turning around.

Within the heavy covers of the dark fog, a hooded person reveals themselves. By her body figure alone, he can easily deduced that she is a woman. Though he doesn't recognized the glowing golden eyes that she has, he felt like he has seen her somewhere.

"Who are you.... are you a member of the Shadow Garden!?" He asks, taking a step back as he trembles.

She only gazes at him, amusement evident on her eyes as she takes a step forward.

".... Help! A member of the Shadow Garden is here!" Though even as he called, there is no one who responded to him. A cold sweat formed on his head as he turns to her once more, realizing that no one is responding to him.

"It's futile." The woman simply said, her voice is laced with that sadistic amusement beneath it.

"Wait... that voice..." He finally recognized. It is that same voice as the one who announced that arrogant claim of the world ending. "Are you...!?"

His suspicion has been confirmed when the woman takes another step forward, slowly getting closer to him as she chuckles softly with that deep sounding voice. He trembles, before immediately trying to run away.

'No way.... no way.... she has escaped!? How!?' He thought in panic as he tries to weave through the halls of the church despite being blind to the path he uses.

Many times he bumped into walls or the pillars, and sometimes even rolling on the stairs or stumbling on the corpses of his devout followers. Still, he tries to run away from the woman who seems to be making her presence know with that tap tapping sound of her footsteps.

'Is she after that!? Is she trying to make herself whole again!?' He thought with widened surprised, before his eyes lit with malicious intent. 'How naive! How foolish! I'll use your arrogance to trap you too!'

Through just going to the remembered paths he usually takes, he finally arrives at the arena where the Goddess' Trial is usually held. The woman herself seems to have taken her time as she took casual steps to get closer to him, her eyes still holding that mirthful gaze she directs on him.

"Olivier.... I want you right now, Olivier!" He shouted, before the arena itself responded to his words.

The woman herself widened her eyes for a moment, likely surprised at this new development. He is sure she didn't know. The creation of Sanctuaries is something that happened after her reign after all. She won't know how these Sanctuaries works, even if her other body parts are trapped within it.

Slowly, the runic sigils that occurs around the arena slowly dissipates, though he is surprised to see that instead of the hero he is expecting, it's another woman who he is intimately familiar with.

"No.... she has answered!?" He exclaimed, slowly moving back until he fell on the side of the arena. Baffled at this great miscalculation.

The woman who appeared after the summoning slowly looks around the fog of deep darkness, before simply waving her hand. The fog dissipates on the arena itself, making it clear enough for the two women to look at each other.

One is a hooded woman with glowing yellow eyes, while the other is a woman in beautiful dark robes who has the same dark violet hair color that she has. Their style looks practically the same, unlike their eyes and the scarf covering the lower facial part of the hooded woman.

The two silently stared at each other, before both of them seems to look at each with amusement in their gaze. It felt like they are conversing with each other. The two even mirrored each other's posture. Even the way they crossed their arms below their chest.

".... Tsk, wrong way...!"

Their attention has been taken by that foreign voice, causing them to all turn to look at the silver haired princess and the blonde haired princess who stumbled upon this place.
_____________________________________
Going back in time for a moment...

After that arrogant declaration of that mysterious woman, and the skies itself falling on the city, Alexia uses that to escape along with Rose.

She thinks this is the right moment, and it seems like those knights who are guarding them are greatly distracted by these clouds that has turned darker after it fell on this ground.

It is only thanks to their magic that they are not freezing to death by these clouds. Practically every parts of the place has turned freezing cold, and there are even signs of ice forming on the walls. They can barely managed to maintain their body heat as they try to escape on this city.

It's a bit difficult going blindly. They have started on a large section of this church where they are usually escorted to eat their designated meals. It's just at that time when this chaos occurs.

Now they are looking for a way out of this church, though it seems like rather than escaping, they are getting deeper within the holy establishment.

"Do we really know where we are going?" Rose asks while looking around with an expression of anxiousness. The sword they have stolen from the downed holy knights they encountered being held tightly on her hand.

"Trust me! I'm good at directions!" Not willing to be an embarrassment, Alexia just moves on.

Awhile ago, she has confidently said that she remembers the paths they took on this church whenever they are being led to eat their meals here. Now that boast is coming back to bite her.

'I really should have kept my mouth shut!' She thought as they took another bend.

When they walked forward for a few steps, they are surprised as the fog slowly dissipates until they can see the outside. They felt a bit relieved, before that relief turned into annoyance as they find out just where they end up.

".... Tsk, wrong way...!"

She looks to the side, noticing the trembling form of the Acting Archbishop, before looking at the two women who looks practically the same in style and body proportions. Rose gasps, seemingly intimidated by their appearance, though Alexia only looks at them with a deadpan stare.

"Aren't you that crazy woman who sticks on the ceiling? And if I have to guess, that other woman might be your crazy twin.... I recall you screaming like an idiot on the night...." She said with a shrug. "Doesn't matter, we only want to leave here so do your own weird thing..."

The beautiful woman with dark colored eyes furrowed her brows before turning to the golden eyed woman. The hooded woman with golden eyes looks back at her, and shakes her head as she shrugs her shoulder.

The two seems strangely depressed as they slumped their shoulders.