Chapter 4

Aug POV

"Man what the fuck!"

I ran up on this nigga and gave him 3 hard blows. He fell to the ground instantly and I ran over to the girl I dropped home.

"You good?"

She nodded slightly. My eyes scanned her neck and I saw two hand prints. He was choking her.
I scrunched up my eyebrows
"Is that your nigga?"

She nodded again

"Not anymore"

Befo' she could respond I grabbed her arm and walked her out of this apartment. I helped her down the stairs and once again we were back in my car. I helped her in the passenger seat and walked around to my side.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that. But I really don't need your help."

I sighed

"Lady I just saved your life and you still tryna act boogie?"

I immediately wished I wouldn't have said that when her whole attitude changed.

"Boogie? You don't even know me! I don't have to e-" she paused and smiled a little.

"Actually, just take me to the nearest hotel."

This girl is crazy.

I rolled my eyes before starting up the car.

We finally pulled up to a hotel and she got out before I could help her. We walked to the entrance and right to the front desk. A white lady with grey hair greeted us with a smile.

"Hello, welcome to Midtown Hotel. What can I help you with today?"

The girl smiled before responding.

"Yes, I'd like to request a room for 2 nights."

The lady nodded her head and began typing away on her computer.

"I have a room on the 10th floor available and a room on the 8th. Both have wonderful views but the 8th floor was just renovated, so it may be a few dollars extra."

She bit her lip.

"I'll take the room on the 8th floor"

I was kinda confused on why she chose to spend more money for the 8th floor. But it wasn't my business so I left it alone. I adjusted my hoodie as she finished making the arrangements and paying for her room.

"You ain't got no clothes or nothing ma' what you gonna do?"

Her face looked as if she just realized that. She sighed as we made it to the elevator. "I'll make it work" she pressed the button then looked up at me.

"Thanks I guess, but I've got it from here"

I pulled on my chin hair and chuckled

"Last time I let you walk up on your own you needed me. I think I'll walk you up this time."

She looked a little uneasy and I mentally cursed myself for saying that.

The elevator opened and we stepped inside. She pressed 8 and we waited as the elevator went up. I looked over at her and her head was tilted up with her eyes closed. Her chest was rising up and down rapidly and she sucked in a quick breathe.

"You good?"

No response.

The doors opened and she walked quickly out. I decided to leave it alone because I know she's already had a long night.

We made it to her room and she slid the room key in, unlocked the door. She stopped and turned around.

"Listen, I know I've been a little rude to you. But I really am thankful for what you did tonight."

I licked my lips.

"No problem ma"

She smiled and turned to go in her room. She walked in and left the door cracked to where I could only see her head.

"Olivia" she said, smiling.

"HUH?"

"Olivia. That's my name." She said before shutting the door.

Olivia.

************

VOTE and COMMENT!