Chapter 21

*later that night, around 3 am*

Olivia POV

I pushed the covers back, quietly getting out of bed, careful not to wake August.

I discretely exited my bedroom, making my way to the kitchen. I opened the fridge, cringing from the bright light, and grabbed a water bottle. I walked over and turned the air down before taking a few sips of my water. I turned around and my eyes met a sleepy August.

"Oh shit" I screamed and covered my mouth, aware of my cursing that I hated doing so much.

"August....you scared me! Why are you up? What's wrong?"

He was slouched over a little and looked very sleepy and restless.

"Yuh tryna' leave me Mill? Huh?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Leave you? August what are you talking about?"

"Why you wasn't there when I reached fa' you? Where you tryna' go ma?"

I laughed. "August, I came to get some water. I'm not going anywhere baby."

He walked over to me and kissed my forhead. "Promise you won't leave?" He mumbled.

I was thrown off because I've never seen August this vulnerable before. It was almost as if he was sleep walking. "I-I promise. Now come on, let's go back to bed baby" we walked side by side back into my room. He pushed the covers back and climbed in, pulling me close to him. I soon heard his light snores again, but for some reason, I couldn't fall back asleep.

Why did he think I would leave him? Did something happen in the past? Why did he make me promise?

There were obviously a lot of things I didn't know about August's past. I thought about different ways to ask him about it when we woke up, until I eventually fell back to sleep.

*8 hours later*

I opened my eyes and yawned. I walked into the kitchen and turned on my Coffee maker. I heard my door open and in walked august with bags in his hands.

"Hey mama" he sat the bag down and I noticed he had a big black bag.

"I went ta my crib and got some shit. It's cool if I stay hea' fa a couple mo' days right?" He asked.

I nodded as he placed my food in front of me.

"How you sleep?" He asked me,
Placing his bag down and taking a seat next to me.

"Pretty good" I mumbled.

"You work today?" He asked and I took a bite of bacon.

"I gotta go serve dinner at the shelter, then I'm all yours." I smiled.

"All mine? I like da' sound'a that" he smirked.

We continued to eat in silence. It wasn't a comfortable silence because all I could think about is why August said what he did last night.

"You okay ma?" He asked, rubbing my should.

"Uhhh, yeah I'm okay" I smiled. He got up and walked towards my room. "Aight. Ima take a quick shower"

As soon as I heard the water turn on, I grabbed my phone and called Kelsey. It rang 5 timesz

"Bitch im watching Love and Hip Hop, watchu want?"

"Well hello to you too, bestfriend"

She laughed. "Sorry, this episode it just getting good"

"Well what's happening?"

"Joseline about to beat this bitch ass" she screamed.

"Can you pause it? I need advice"

She groaned and I heard some shuffling around. "Alright wassup."

"So you know how last night after the concert, Aug was tired?"

"Mmmhmm"

"Well he wanted to sleep with me, so I let him"

"Bitch WHAT? You got some dick and waiting this long to tell me?!!!!" She screamed, causing me to move the phone from my ear for a good 10 seconds to regain the bit of hearing I just lost.

"First of all, NO, we didn't have sex. And if we did, calling you the next day is waiting too long to tell you?" I asked, smirking.

"DUH? Girl I want my phone call as soon as that nigga pulls out" she laughed.

"You're ridiculous" I rolled my eyes. "Okay okay, back to the story. So at like 3 am, I was thirsty. I got up to get water and not even 5 minutes later Aug walks out"

"Bitch is this gonna get good or are you just giving me a replay of yalls sleepover?" I sighed and slammed my hand on the counter.

"Damn Kelsey, can I finish?"

"I'm sorry" she mumbled.

"Okay. So I asked why he was up, and he had this scared and vulnerable look on his face, like he just lost a puppy. He kept asking why I was leaving him and where I was going. And then, he made me promise that I would never leave him."

I paused for a minute and waiting for Kelsey to say something.

"You didn't promise him, did you O?"

"I did"

"It sounds to me like he has some issues and old potholes that haven't been filled from his past. Promising him that may bite you in the ass later on in the relationship."

"What do you mean Kel?"

"I mean, say August isn't who you really want, and you wanna leave him, or y'all get in an argument, and you want a break. All he's gonna do is throw that promise in your face."

"Well, August is who I want. And I will always be there for him, even if we aren't together. That's not leaving...right?" I wasn't even sure if what I was saying was making sense anymore.

"are you asking me that, or yourself Olivia?" I sighed and we sat in silence.

"Oh my god..." I mumbled.

"What?"

"Kelsey, did you just....make sense for he first time?" I said in a sarcastically amazed voice.

"Bitch, bye" she laughed and hung up.

Me and August may have only been dating for 2 months, but we've been through a lot and I know for a fact he won't ever have to worry about me breaking that promise.
*********

A quick chapter.

What do you think happened to Aug in the past?

Should Olivia had promised August that so soon?

Kelsey lowkey smart huh?