Chapter 34

Yall, this school year already kicking my ass. Summer 2016 Wya?

Olivia POV

"Babe!" August yelled from my bedroom.

"Yeah"

"I love youuuu" he sang, turning the corner and walking up to me with just a towel on.

"I love you too baby" I laughed, looking him up and down.

"Put some clothes on, Kelsey is on her way over." He sighed and made his way back to the bedroom.

I invited Kelsey over to tell her about my little meeting with Ashley yesterday. I was gonna call her but Aug said I should do it in person, because knowing how crazy Kel is, her reaction would be priceless.

I heard my door open and she walked in with bags of IHOP. "Hey girl" she smiled, sitting the food down.

"Hey boo!" I got up and hugged her. "What you doing?" She came and sat down in a chair next to me. "Just signing myself up for some online classes at NYU" She nodded and got up to make her plate. "Yo pinhead boyfriend here?" She asked, putting some pancakes and hash browns on a plate.

"Hell yes I am" august said, going over to Kelsey and stealing a piece of hash brown from her.

"Nigga didn't I tell yo ass don't touch my food? That's how you lose fingers" she rolled her eyes and finished making her plate, walking back over to me and sitting down.

I loved Kelsey and August's relationship. They both swear up and down that they hate each other, but let one thing happen to either of them, and the other is ready to fight and commit murder.

"Yall are cute" I laughed. August pretended to throw up, causing me to laugh even harder.

August sat my plate in front of me, and then went on to make his. "Awww babe I could've made my own plate." I smiled a little, digging in to my pancakes.

"Nah, not while Aug is around." He smirked and came to sit down with us.

"Sooo we haven't had a chance to talk in so long. Catch me up." I said, closing my laptop and moving it over to the side.

Kelsey looked over at August. "While he's in here?"

I looked over at August. "He won't talk, just pretend he isn't here. Right baby?"

"Right" he put his hands up in surrender.

Kelsey sighed and took a sip of her orange juice. "I called Ashley and quit my job at the diner." I looked at August and he looked at me, then looked away, trying not to laugh.

"Oh....really?" I asked, swallowing my pancakes.

"Olivia Did you forget that you're a terrible liar? What the fuck yall looking at each other like that for?"

August snickered a little and I kicked him under the table. "What are you taking about Kel."

"Did you know that I quit?"

"No"

"Olivia don't make me beat yo ass" she said, laughing a little.

"Okay okay fine, yeah I knew." I tilted my head back a little.

"Bitch how?"

"Me and Ashley went out for lunch yesterday."

"Ohh, how was it?" Kelsey asked.

"Good" I mumbled, sipping from my water. August gave me another look.

"Would yall stop doing that shit?" She semi yelled. "What yall hiding from me?"

"Fine, okay Kelsey, listen"

I sat up and crossed my legs in the seat. "Wait! Lemme get some more juice before you start" august dramatically got up and ran to the fridge.

"Why he acting like that? Did something happen? Who ass I gotta beat?"

I laughed a little as August came and sat back down.

"Well, I wanted to go to lunch with Ashley so I could tell her that I wanted to quit my job at the diner." Kelsey nodded. "And, well she brought you up."

She tilted her head a little. "Me? What the fuck she said?" august scooted in closer and I sighed. "She told me about how you called and quit. And she wasn't happy about it."

"Well yeah I could tell by her tone she wasn't. I'm her second best worker, you're her first and you quit too? I know she's pissed."

"Yeah, well she had some shit to say"

"Like what?"

"She basically talked down on both of our dreams, saying you're gonna lose your job from being childish, and that you should be grateful that she kept you around for that long."

Kelsey began tapping her fork against the plate. "That bitch has some fucking nerve. Don't nobody wanna work at that hot stank ass diner for the rest of their lives." She huffed, earning a laugh from August.

"that's what I said! And she basically talked down on me becoming a lawyer, saying I need to be more realistic." I rolled my eyes, thinking off all the messed up stuff she said. What kind of friend is that?

"Damn. So when you free?"

"Free for what?"

"To beat her ass, duh" she bit into her bacon.

"Kel I didn't tell you so we could gang up on her."

"Why not? She had the audacity to talk down on both of us. She should be able to handle the heat from both of us."

"Nah, yall don't need to fight the girl." August added.

"Ain't you not suppose to be here?" Kelsey said.

"Look, let Aug give yall some wise words" he folded his arms and leaned back in his chair.

"Yall are both young, beautiful women." Kelsey made a shocked face. "Well, Olivia is." August added, making Kelsey punch him in the arm. "Yall both are ambitious, and have goals and dreams that yall are going after. How many young black african American girls can say they got a nurse position at a major hospital by the age of 23? And how many girls can say they were offered a lawyer position without the full degree in law yet, by the age of 21?" I looked over at Kelsey and smiled. August was right.

"Exactly. Yall are successful, and with success comes hate. Yeah ashely got her little diner, but Yall are moving up in the world, without her. All she can do is talk shit while Yall make that money. So all you gotta do is stunt on her"

"HUH"

"Stunt. Kelsey gon' keep ha' job, make ha' money and buy all the shit she want. And maybe get a man" we all laughed.

"And my baybeh Gonna study and work hard to get her masters in Law, she gonna pass the BAR and go get that lawyer position." He smirked a little, proud of what he said.

"Wow. Babe that was so good!" I leaned over and kissed him.

"Damn, maybe you do have some sense" Kelsey said, shaking her head.

We talked some more and Kelsey stood up, giving us hugs.

"I'll call you later O." She said, walking out the door. I locked if and sat back down, opening up my laptop.

"Ima go shower" he said, pecking my lips.

"Okay"

I was typing in my credit card information to pay for all these online classes when there was a knock on the door. I sighed, pushing my chair back to get up.

I walked over and opened the door, not even looking through the peephole.

"Hello"
*************
A bar examination is a test intended to determine whether a candidate is qualified to practice law in a given jurisdiction.

6 comments for next update!

Who do you think is waiting for Olivia at the do'? *tilts head*