Chapter 9

Kelsey in the mm

*2 weeks later*

Olivia POV

"Olivia!" My manager yelled. Not only was Ashely the Manager and Co-owner of the diner, she was also a really good friend of mine. Not as close to me as Kelsey was, but we did hang out every now and then. We did a good job of separating business and personal.

"Yes ma'am" I tied my apron around my waist and clocked in. I always clocked in 15 minutes early. My father always told me, that if you weren't early, than you weren't on time.

"We've got a new waiter coming in today around 1, since you rack up the most tips, you're in charge of showing her the ropes." I wasn't expecting any new employees, especially waiters. Every now and then, new cooks would come in, but between me and Kelsey, and sometimes Ashley, we had all the serving under control. But more waiters wouldn't hurt.

"Alright, no problem"

The bell rang, indicating that someone walked through the door.

"Hey Olivia"

I turned around and saw August. I smiled and made my way over to him. He was wearing a plain white t-shirt, grey sweats, red J's, and a black and red hat. "Hey August" I gave him a quick hug. "What are you doing here?" I stepped back a little, trying to keep my distance from the scent of his cologne. It was truly one of my weaknesses.

"I'm on my way to my label, today's the day my single is suppose to drop. So, I thought I'd stop by to pick up some breakfast, made by you, for good luck" he flashed his perfect straight white teeth.

I placed my hand to my heart, being dramatic. "Are you saying I bring you good luck?" He chuckled and took a seat. "Yeah, you my good luck charm."
I smiled and pulled out my pen and pad. "The usual?" I asked, he nodded his head. I turned around and headed to the kitchen. No matter what time of the day August came in, he always wanted the same thing, grilled cheese with a side of macaroni. I started on the Sandwhich when Kelsey walked in.

"Sorry I'm late O, my mom didn't wanna take her medicine this morning, so you know how that went" I hugged her as she clocked in. "It's fine, it's not busy at all today anyways."

"True, but did you see my man sitting out there? He's back" she smirked and I scrunched my eyebrows. I peeked my head out of the door, and only saw August sitting there, scrolling through his phone. "Oh, you mean August?"

"So that's his name? August? Damn, that's sexy....wait, you know him?" She tilted her head, leaning in towards me.

I flipped the Sandwhich over onto the other side, and started on the macaroni. "Yeah, he's a friend of mine." She frowned a little. "Since when?" I sighed and took the grilled cheese off, placing it in the To-go box.

"since the whole situation with Jeremy, he kinda helped me out while I was staying in a hotel." I wasn't going to go into detail about Jeremy hurting me or anything, I wasn't ready for anyone to really know. Her face lightened a little. I guess she realized that he was there for me, during a time where she couldn't be there for me. Her grandma got sent to a cancer treatment center for an emergency procedure, somewhere in Texas, so ofcourse Kelsey flew out with her, which I completely understood.

Not once did I shame Kelsey, because I would've done the same thing for my mother, if I knew who she was. "Oh, well that was nice of him." I smiled to myself a little. "Yeah, it was"

I felt Kelsey's eyes on me, trying to read me. "Olivia...are you feeling him?" I turned my head, quickly to her direction "what? Me? No!" I scooped the macaroni into a mini plastic container, placing it in the to-go box. I closed the lid and grabbed a sharpie, writing "Good luck!" On it. I walked past Kelsey and out the kitchen, towards the booth August was sitting at.