Chapter 48

I didn't mention this last chapter, but suicide is not a joke. It's something serious that happens everyday. If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts or urges of suicide, call the

National Suicide Prevention Hotline.

1-800-273-8255

If any of you ever need anyone to talk to, im here. I love ya'll.

-Britt❤️

Now, a nice long chapter for you baddies.

August POV

I tied the laces on my Jordan's and took another look in the mirror. I haven't really spoken to Olivia since the scene in her bathroom a few days ago.

She's only texted me to remind me of the therapy session, which is today. I texted her

Me(2:17 pm): im on my way

Before grabbing my keys.

I opened my door and stopped in my tracks. A foul smell hit my nose and I looked down to a person in all black on the floor at my feet.

"Aug...man"

I frowned before finally realizing who was speaking to me.

"Quan? Man what the fuck you doing here? Matter fact, where the hell you been man?"

I haven't spoke to him in damn near 5 months. He went MIA on all of us.

He coughed and stood up, brushing off his clothes.

I studied him closely. His clothes were dirty, he hair was in need of a cut, his eyes were yellow, and I noticed him scratching repeatedly.

"Quan...you wanna tell me something man?"

He shook his head and began coughing.

I was about to close my door and his foot stopped me.

"Aight...aight. I need some help man."

"Help with what?"

"I need some money."

I sighed and checked the clock.

The session started at 2:30, and I was running out of time.

"Money for what man?"

"I....I owe somebody."

"Who?"

"One of my niggas."

"How much money you need?"

"25,000" he said before coughing again.

"Nigga you a 25,000 lie" I spat. I stepped out and closed my door, locking it. I checked my phone.

2:22pm

I began walked down the steps and he followed me.

"Aug please, I have no one else to turn to."

"Really? So im just where you come when you need shit?"

He smacked his teeth. "It's not like that."

"Bullshit" I said, walking to my car. I unlocked it, placing my hand on the door handle to get in.

"Damn man, can you be real for once in your life?"

I took my hand of the handle and turned around. "Be real?" I laughed. "Nigga I'll be real when you tell me why the fuck you really need the money."