Chapter 39

Ima ignore the fact that yall hoes ain't comment as much as ya'll usually do. I set a goal and I ain't reach it but I still updated cause I love yall.

But,

Don't let it happen again.

-Britt

Olivia POV

"Okay Olivia, you got this girl" I said to myself as I logged in to take my first major exam. All I needed was 5 more credits to get my degree. Passing this exam is equivalent to about half a credit, which means a lot.

I made sure I was in a quiet area to focus, so I closed and locked my bedroom door, blocking out all distractions. I turned my phone off and everything.

I only had 30 minutes to finish the exam so every second counts.

I took a deep breathe before clicking "Start"

God help me.

The first part wasn't so hard, but the second half required mini essay responses. I glanced at my timer and realized I only have 17 minutes left to write 4 responses.

"What the fuck?" I mumbled, reading the first question.

There was a knock on my door and I decided to ignore it.

I began typing up the first response when I heard the knock again.

"What?"

"Mill what the fuck you doin' in here?" August said, sounding upset.

"Aug not now! I'm taking my exam. Go away"

He smacked his teeth. "Just let me in ma"

"No"

"Aight bro ima just go back to my place" he said, obviously upset.

"I'll be over as soon as I'm done!" I yelled, working on my second response.

I know he was probably upset or annoyed but I had to stay focused if I wanted this degree.

August POV

I opened my door and through my stuff down, seeing Nia and Layla sitting on the couch, watching TV.

Layla ran up and hugged me. "Hi Aug" she whispered.

The past few days she's opened up to me and I've been enjoying it.

"Hey Nia" I said, sighing.

"Hey" she smiled, crossing her legs.

"You wanna watch a movie or something?" She asked.

"Nah, ima go take a nap" I said, making my way to my room. I plopped down, closing my eyes. I was really waiting for Mill to come home so we could just chill.

And I needed to tell her about my "business trip" I was taking in a few days.

Me and Chris was gonna go find this India girl and deal with her, but I couldn't let Mill know that.

I laid down for about 30 minutes and Mill still wasn't here.

I got up and plugged up my phone, heading back to the living room.

I saw Nia and Layla on the couch, snuggled up watching Shrek.

"You got room fa' one more?" I asked, grinning.

Nia made some space for me and I plopped down, snuggling up with them.

"We watching Shrek" Layla said, smiling.

It actually felt good chilling here with them. I almost felt like how it should've been 2 years ago.

A family.

*********

This was short but it was needed for what im trying to do.