Chapter 42

Olivia POV

I woke up and stretched, checking the clock. It was around 12 and I was going to volunteer at the shelter around 3.

I checked my phone and saw that I had a text from August.

Aug(11:22 am): sorry I couldn't come ova last night, got caught up with Nia and Layla. Come over ASAP, gotta tell u sum😘

I rolled my eyes and locked the screen. I really thought my whole popping up trick would work, but I guess I was pushed to the side.

I had no problem with August stepping up and being a father to his daughter, that's what I would want him to do. But, I feel like our relationship should be a priority of his, too.

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, because this is all new to us, but I was really feeling pushed to the side.

I put on some yoga pants and a hoodie. I grabbed my phone and slipped my house shoes on. I walked over to Aug's condo and decided to use my key.

I unlocked his door and saw the three of them, watching a movie and sharing pop corn.

There was only so much of this that U could take, it was slowly taking a toll on me.

I closed the door and August turned his head, smiling when he saw me.

"Hey baybeh" he walked over and hugged me, grabbing my waist.

"I got your text" I mumbled as he kissed all on my neck.

"Yeah, we needa talk baybeh"

I looked over his shoulder and saw Nia watching us intently while Layla was indulged in Finding Nemo.

"Ok, I'll just chill in your room" I shrugged and went to the fridge, grabbing a water bottle.

"Aight, I'll be right in there, I gotta feed Layla"

I nodded and walked down the hall, taking in the strong smell of August.

His room was always neat and tidy, and he liked things in certain areas.

I plopped on the bed and rested my eyes, waiting for him. Minutes later I heard his room door open, he came in and sat down on the bed, rubbing my leg.

"Wassup?" I asked, sitting indian style.

"My manager wants me in LA for a few days to do some publicity shit."

I sighed. "What type of publicity shit, August?"

He bit his bottom lip. "Well I ain't been making music or nun, so ima visit some of my niggas down there, feature on a few tracks, and maybe do some interviews so the fans know I'm doing good."

I nodded and rubbed my temples.

"When do you have to leave?"

"Uhhh, like a day or two. I'm bringing chris with me."

"Oh"

"Mill" he reached for my hands.

"Hm?"

"You not mad are you?"

"No, I just feel like I barely get time with you as is, now you have to go across the country."

"It's only for about a week"

I poked my lips out and he pecked them.

"We can FaceTime every night?" He smirked and squeezed my boobs.

I smiled and looked down, playing with my fingers. "I guess a week isn't that bad."

"Oh yeah, and while I'm gone, Nia is gonna need some help with Layla"

"I don't mind helping out, I love Layla. Just make sure your baby mama stays in her lane" I pointed my finger at him.

"I'a talk to ha' about that." He grinned at me.

"Why you smiling?"

"I'm proud of how you're handling this." He rubbed up and down my thighs.

"It's hard I guess, but I'm trying to be patient."

"I know, baybeh. And when I get back I promise ima put more effort into us" he kissed my lips.

We sat in a comfortable silence, in each other's embrace.

"We ain't had sex in like a week" I said, looking up at him.

"Is that so?" He said, smirking.

"Yeah" I pushed him back and began kissing his jaw. He closed his eyes groaning, and then opened them back up, shrugging me off.

"Later, I'm tired as shit. Can we just take a nap?"

I frowned. "Sure"

~

2 days later

I was washing dishes while Layla sat at the table eating Cheerios.

"Bae!" August yelled.

"Yeah"

"You seen my watch and chain?" He asked.

"No, I haven't seen you wear it in a while." I said, rinsing off a plate.

"I can't find none of my shit" he mumbled, walking back in his room.

I continued what I was doing when I heard the door open.

Nia walked in with grocery bags.

Aug gave her a key?

She sat the groceries down.

"Olivia put these away please?" She smiled.

I rolled my eyes and continued washing dishes when August came out with his carry on.

He was wearing black sweats and a black supreme hoodie.

"Aight, I gotta go befo' I miss my flight" he ran over to Layla and kissed all ova' her.

"You gon' miss me?" He asked, lifting her in the air.

"Yessss" she said, giggling as he began tickling her.

I smiled at the gesture. I'm sure Layla understands why she's been around Aug so much, but she hasn't called him daddy or anything yet. I guess that part will take time.

August walked over to Nia and gave her a side hug.

He walked over to me, gripping my waist. "I'll FaceTime you as soon as I get to the hotel" he said, pecking my lips.

I leaned in and licked his bottom lip. His hands roamed my ass and we were interupted by a cough from Nia. He pecked my lips one more time and left.

This was going to be a long week.

*********