Chapter 6

* * * 3 MONTHS LATER * * *

Olivia POV

I pulled the top half of my hair into a bun and fluffed out my curls before applying lipgloss.

"Girl I'm so glad you're leaving the house and going somewhere other than work" Kelsey said as she applied her blush.

I smacked my teeth.

"Excuse me? I'm just a busy girl that's all."

Kelsey leaned in the mirror to apply her lipstick.

Kelsey was nice enough to let me stay with her for a while. After the day I went back to my apartment, I soon found out that Jeremy wiped out both of my bank accounts. He somehow accessed my personal information and figured out a way to add his name to my accounts. This put a big hole in my pocket, I was basically starting from square one again. But Kelsey was nice enough to give me a place to live while I tried to figure out everything else.

My three jobs have been going great. I may not be 100% stable financially, but I had my bestfriend there for me and helping me get through this struggle.

Today, I decided to take Kelsey out on a lunch date. It's been a while since we've hung out, mainly because I just haven't been in the mood to go out anymore, unless it's work related.

I had on a red crop top with denim shorts and gold accessories.

"Ooooo who you looking cute for girl?" Kelsey said examining my outfit.

"Girl please." I said before grabbing my purse and keys.

"You ready to go?" I asked as I made my way to the door. She nodded her head and followed behind me, locking up her house.

Kelsey decided on Olive Garden. I was in the mood for some pasta so that worked out perfectly.

After a 25 minute wait, a waiter greeted us and led us to where we were being seated, which was near the back of the restaraunt.

They were pretty full today, most of the tables were full. Me and Kelsey got seated in a booth and we were handed our menus.

"Girl I know I said I was watching my figure but this five cheese pasta in calling my namee" Kelsey began hopping up and down in her seat.

I laughed. "You're the only person I know that gets too happy over food."

"Yasssss girl" She snapped her fingers and we both laughed again.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the restroom." I said before standing up.

"Tell the waiter I want water" i yelled to Kelsey as I made my way towards the front again.

I was walking pretty fast until I bumped into someone. A familiar cologne rushed to my nostrils.

"My bad."

That voice.

"August?" I said looking up.

His eyes grew wide as if he was just as surprised as I was.

"Hey.....Olivia right?"

I frowned a little at the fact that he wasn't 100% sure about my name.

I nodded my head.

"Nice to see you again." I said, standing there awkwardly. I started to walk away until another voice stopped me.

"Who's this babe?"

I turned around and saw a curvy woman with long light brown hair and fair skin.

August scratched his head.

"Uh...this is my friend, Olivia" he motioned towards me.

The girl smiled extra hard and extended her hand.

"Well any friend of Augie's is a friend of mine! Nice to meet you, I'm Vanessa. she giggled as she shook my hand.

I wanted to throw up in my mouth. but instead, I smiled and tried my best not to show my true expression.

"Likewise." I said before taking one more glance at August and walking away.

For some reason, I felt weird. I was upset and annoyed by that woman.

Vanessa. Such a Basic name.

I stared in the mirror and suddenly lost the urge to pee. I fixed my mascara before walking out, only to be pulled back.

"What th-"

"Olivia."

For some reason I felt relieved that he followed me.

"What?"

He shoved both hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth as if he was nervous.

Was he?

Ofcourse not.

I snapped out of my thoughts when he finally spoke up.

"Are you good?" He asked

I already knew he was referring to my situation with Jeremy.

I nodded my head.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking"

I was about to walk off when he pulled me back again.

"Are you really?" He asked again, staring in my eyes.

I sighed

"I don't even know anymore" I said looking down.

"Look" I lifted my head as I began to talk.

"I'm sorry for the way I treated you. Everything you did was out of the kindness of your heart, I'm not used to that. But I do appreciate it, so much."

He smiled a little.

"No problem ma"

"I hope you don't think I'm a bitch, or selfish or boojie or anything, because I promise I'm not, it's ju-"

I was cut off by his soft lips crashing into mine.

His tongue grazed across my bottom lip, causing me to gasp. He took that as an opportunity to slide his tongue inside.

Our tongues began fighting for dominance, but I eventually gave in as my knees grew weak from the sensation I was feeling.

My stomach felt as if firecrackers were going off inside of it. I felt hot on the inside. And for some reason, I felt safe.

I opened my eyes and slightly pushed him off of me.

"Wh- what are you doing?" I was still trying to catch my breathe.

"Sorry Olivia, you just talk too much sometimes." He chuckled before walking away, leaving me speechless.

What just happened?

I regained my balance and made my way back to my seat.

I sat down and stared at the table, still speechless.

"Girl what took you so long" Kelsey asked as she sucked on her fingers.

"You're food is about to get cold, I ordered for you."

"Thanks" I mumbled before picking up my fork and eating.

Surprisingly after all that just happened, the main thing that was on my mind was if he felt what I felt in that kiss. And if he did, what does that mean?

********************

Why Aug do that?

What is Olivia feeling?

Yall like Kelsey??

VOTE and COMMENT!

Be blessed

-Britt🍍😛