Chapter 21

Neteyam was laying down in Aneysa's bed, watching her as she came back upstairs.

"I told my mother you'll be staying over tonight" she smiles at him, and closes the door behind her.

"She has a disliking to me" Neteyam says.

Aneysa nods in agreement.

"I deserve it" Neteyam replies.

Aneysa goes to her wardrobe, to hang up her dress.

Neteyam could not help but look at her from the back with a smile on his face.

She turns around to look at him.

"What has you smiling that way?" She asks him.

He tilts his head, "nothing at all."

She smiles, knowing exactly what he was looking at.

Aneysa then turns the bedroom light off, before walking to her bed.

Neteyam pulls the blanket back, letting Aneysa get into the bed properly.

As she does so, he puts the blanket over her, before squishing her very tightly.

"Teyam. I can't breathe" she laughs.

He gives her little pecks around her cheek before he stops squishing her, but still has one arm around her and one under her head.

"I must say, it is better being able to sleep here with you physically, rather than sleeping over the phone. Not to say that I don't love being on the phone to you all night" Neteyam says.

"Hmm, I was starting to think you wanted me to stop calling you" Aneysa replies.

"God forbid. You'd have me losing my marbles woman" Neteyam says.

She laughs.

"Kiri is very excited about making your dress for the ball. She has chosen to do an eighteenth century theme" Neteyam says.

"Well Kiri's style is very great so, I understand her wanting for a theme as such. The dresses were a lot more elegant then" Aneysa says.

"She says that I must not tell you about your dress for it is a surprise. But I can let you know one thing. Even though you are to be escorted by Aonung, the colour of your dress will be the same colour as my pocket square" Neteyam says with the biggest smile ever.

"I will take a wild guess that you are responsible for that. Kiri would never have chosen that otherwise, considering she is very passionate on being an independent woman. Which I love" Aneysa says.

"I am not responsible!" Neteyam replies sarcastically.

Aneysa laughs at him before shaking her head in disbelief.

"And what about Love? What will she be wearing?" Aneysa asks.

"She has got a red coloured dress. It was her mothers. Of course her mother has passed but, she still kept some of her stuff for memories" Neteyam says.

Aneysa smiles, "I understand. I have kept some of my fathers stuff."

"Really? What did you keep?" Neteyam asks.

"I put it all into a box on one side. It has his favourite napkin in. Father would never use any other than that, as he described it to be soft. And his pocket watch, that had been passed down throughout his family for centuries. Of course after he passed, it should have been given to his younger brother. But I said no, as they had chosen to take everything else and left my mother penniless" Aneysa says so casually.